@helix123 Lord Lucan is the Astronomicon.
Eh, what you've done makes more sense and is alot more fun to read than what GW are doing, they should let decent writers take over, their take on the devolution of the wolves was cringeworthy.
Dont use this as an excuse to stop working, keep on with your timeline we all know its better, they should have bought it off you or hired you instead of making their own up.
Exactly. But considering Games Workshop's tendency to treat its customers as a bunch of children
If this is a question relative to this board I'm also interested in the opinions of others. Having not read any of the new books, only March White Dwarf and some second hand online accounts, I'm curious how others rate the new plot developments and how they think they compare to Nightmare and Age of dusk.
Oh boy... where to begin with ?
- Babaddon the Armless has ceased to be an armless faillure, as he managed to get a new implant that other Space Marines do not have : Saruman's arms. And as everyone knows, Saruman has veeeeeery long arms. These arms, Abaddon, who previously took centuries to gather and organize a Black Crusade, has managed to send a huge ass army right in the heart of Ultramar. The Realm of Ultramar. One the most heavily defended and well protected places in the Galaxy, so that it was one of the few places that managed to stay civilized all the way up to 60k, and who, in 40k, managed to win against Tyranid Fleets. At this point, it has become factual : only when the writter is Lord Lucan Abaddon can be awesome, or even just... be a good character.
- Note that the Eye of Terror is on a side of the Galaxy... and Ultramar is on the other side.
- The Ultramarines let unknown strangers and xenos ride their pimpin vessels all the way to Ultramar, where they have an audience with Papa Smurf, insult him several times without getting executed on the spot by the huge blue Galaxy famous Chapter Master who could kill them with his pinky finger or unleash upon them hundreds of Ultramarines and probably hundreds of thousands of planetary defense troops. And all that time, Calgar was there instead of leading the war against the Black Legion.
- According to Games Workshop 7th Edition Grey Knight Codex, Grey Knights have names. But that's just a bunch of made up crap, that may change at any moment. No matter that their is written KALDOR on a certain someone's personnal banner, that for some reason has no effect, because Grey Knights can't wear banners on their backs, unlike Codex Vanilla Marines. And so, their is a Grand Master called Voldus who is claimed to be the Warden of the Librarius instead of Aurikon. So, now, not only the dubbious Warlord Traits have been nullified in the idea that they would be linked to the 9 Grand Master's titles, but they too. So, now it's neither about "Your dudes" nor about the Fluff of 40k... confused, yet ? Games Worshop had Fluff issues since 3rd Edition at least, and it became worse and worse over time : when Priestley left, it seems that the people who had read the actual explanations about how Power Armours and Terminator Armours work had all gone extinct among the staff.
- Belisarius Cawl is an over 10 thousand years old random mechanicus guy who made a promise with a Primarch and developped an armor that makes the wearer nearly immortal, but somehow no one has any record of any of that. In game, I saw Guilliman being killed by a Renegade Imperial Knight, and even getting up like a boxing champion, with only 1 Wound left / healed, and destroying the Knight - who previously had been perfectly fine - in one Assault. In the story, they somehow managed to put the damn armor on. It's a wonder why they don't democratize it... imagine, your whole army of Blood Angels who is not only happy to be allied with Necrons, but also "will be back" just like them ! Unfortunately, it will never happen. Why ? Because Cawl, in over 10 thousand years worth of Mechanicus clerical things, hasn't learn anything about diplomacy !
- Let's not forget Saint Celestine who kicks Abaddon's ass, even though her sword has become unable to damage Terminator Armor. Otherwise, it is believable considering that Abaddon's Daemonsword has become a piece of junk, nowhere near the power it had when it's rules and Fluff were written, or even when the infamous Chaos Space Marines chapter was written.
- Oh, yeah... I nearly forgot. Remember the Emperor's sword that, like, all Space Mariens Chapter have for some reason ? Well... it's no longer called "Iron Sword" or "Steel Sword" because references to the Iron Age have stopped to be a thing; and it's not fucking Force weapon, even though the text depicting Horus and the Emperor's duel clearly shows that something akin to a Force psychic power was used against Horus and that the Emperor's last Life points were taken by the Perils of the Warp (remember the era when Psychic Powers had somehow a relationship with the Spirit, Mind and Willpower, and thus with Ld values ?). At least, it "explains" why the Emperor is racist against Eldars : if he try to fight against an Avatar, all his melee attacks will become useless for some reason, even though he could just punch him with his Golden Eagle Power Talons or something...
- And it's not just Olden Fluff that the staff of Games Workshop and the Black Library writters don't read. They don't read modern Fluff too either ! For example, Ahriman suddenly becomes friendly with Magnus instead of being in exile for turning nearly all the Legion to dusty slave rowbots. Other example ? Kairos, who is supposed to know all the possible futures, didn't foresee the most cliché possibilities. So it's not just Abaddon who can be awesome only when Lord Lucan is writting about him, Roboute Guilliman and the Red Corsairs too... ! Truth is probably that they can't help to use famous codex characters and nothing else, even when it is impossible.
- Plus a lot of other crap.
- Games Worshop's recent Fluff causes sighs. Lord Lucan's fanfiction causes soul crushing emotions.
The strange thing is, I started 50K because GW never advanced their plotline, which gave me free reign to do taht without contradicitng canon. Now they're advancing the timeline, they've made this timeline truly alternate
Unless it's their own timeline who is the alternate one...