The Outliers Saga [FREE EBOOK PROMOTION!]

For fiction and non-fiction outside the Black Library range. This includes book reviews, recommendations, advice on writing, and publishing fiction of any nature.

The Outliers Saga [FREE EBOOK PROMOTION!]

Postby LordLucan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:56 pm

Salutations my dearest boltholers, LL here.

Myself and a few other writerly boltholers, Grenadier (Robbie MacNIven*), Raziel (Alec McQuay), he2etic (James Fadeley), Forjador (Manuel Mesones) and Tyrant (Jonathan Ward), have gotten together** to write and produce a major new project.

We call it the Outliers Saga:

This is a multi-volume novella anthology series, setting out is our own unique take on superheroes and transhumanism, and how a world might be changed by the proliferation of gifted individuals.*** We intend this to be a fast-paced and exciting series releasing biannually, eventually branching into all kinds of exciting side projects and cool stories.

For an idea of what to expect, here's a short blurb:

'Mankind has been the constant in the equation of progress. Until now. Government agencies everywhere have strived to hide a secret conflict, one that threatens a revolution or a witch hunt on a global scale. It is a cold war, not one between enemy nations but against Outliers: transhumans with abilities that we could only dream of. Although a scant few have appeared throughout history, their presence has always been put down as myth and hearsay. But in the last few years their numbers have exploded. And as the information age has made them almost impossible to hide, knowledge of their existence is about to leak onto the public stage.'

Our artist and all-round graphic design virtuoso is the many-talented Manuel Mesones (another boltholer, Forjador). You may remember him as the cover artist for the three bolthole anthologies. His art brings a unique visual style to Outliers.

Free stuff!:

I've hinted a lot about the nature of the Outliers setting, but the best way to experience it is simply to read it.

A free ebook Primer will be released on Tuesday 6th September 2016 and will be available on a number of different websites. Links will be posted on our Facebook events page (https://www.facebook.com/events/1154646107932370/) on the day of release.

So what does the Primer contain?
Three previously-published short stories
One brand-new short story
Character profiles
Exclusive artwork
Other pieces of short fiction

Over thirty thousand words of content, all 100% FREE.

Want more detail? Check out our website: http://outliers-saga.com/

* (Who is now an author for BL, writing for Space Wolves, Deathwatch and soon, the blooming Space Sharks. Let's take a moment to consider how frigging cool that is!)

**(Much like a megazord)

***(Interesting fact. Turns out Marvel and DC have copyrighted the name 'superhero' in all its forms.)
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Re: The Outliers Saga [FREE EBOOK PROMOTION!]

Postby Tyrant » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:54 am

And today is Launch Day! All the info and links you need are here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1154646107932370/permalink/1161556773907970/

Check it out and let us know what you think. If you download it from Smashwords it's 100% FREE.
My Facebook writing page. Like it, it's awesome!

My Twitter page.

Cytheria

Valerion

I think Valerion could stand toe-to-toe with the best of Gaunt's Ghosts. I loved it. Gundi Da Grot

The sense of threat that permeates the entire piece is fantastic. xrayex

Tash'shi is made of win and awesome. Raziel4707
Tyrant

Re: The Outliers Saga [FREE EBOOK PROMOTION!]

Postby Tyrant » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:54 pm

My Facebook writing page. Like it, it's awesome!

My Twitter page.

Cytheria

Valerion

I think Valerion could stand toe-to-toe with the best of Gaunt's Ghosts. I loved it. Gundi Da Grot

The sense of threat that permeates the entire piece is fantastic. xrayex

Tash'shi is made of win and awesome. Raziel4707
Tyrant

Return to Board index

Return to Published Works