Submissions: Tor UK

For fiction and non-fiction outside the Black Library range. This includes book reviews, recommendations, advice on writing, and publishing fiction of any nature.

Submissions: Tor UK

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:25 pm

http://torbooks.co.uk/2013/01/29/submit ... to-tor-uk/

As it says up top. Tor UK is now open for novel submissions. Good luck to everybody!
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Re: Submissions: Tor UK

Postby Erunanion » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:29 pm

Bloody hellfire.

Now, if only I had a novel finished...
Check out my shiny new website, with genuine new-blog smell! - http://www.jonathandbeer.com

The Emperor's Mercy - Prologue - The first piece of fiction I've put up on the Bolthole's new incarnation.

"It is the 41st Millennium, and never underestimate the ability of the universe to infinitely screw you over." - Lord Lucan
Erunanion

Postby Mossy Toes » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:47 am

Luck, Erunanion, is where opportunity meets preparedness. You have the opportunity here, and yet are not lucky.

Neither am I. :(

Something to remedy before future windows of this sort, I imagine (though I also imagine that, as a US national, I might be ineligible for submitting in this window--didn't read the entire thing to find out)
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Tim the Corsair » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:44 am

No end date and open to all?

Hmmmm, good for TOR.
Tim the Corsair

Postby Erunanion » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:15 pm

Mossy Toes wrote:Luck, Erunanion, is where opportunity meets preparedness. You have the opportunity here, and yet are not lucky.

Neither am I. :(

Something to remedy before future windows of this sort, I imagine (though I also imagine that, as a US national, I might be ineligible for submitting in this window--didn't read the entire thing to find out)

Indeed. Although I think I will have to work my way up to novel-length stuff, given that my output of even short story-length stuff is poor at the moment.

And re: being a US national, I think it says that Tor is open to submissions from outside the UK provided the novel is written in English.

And yes, this is a very good move. I wonder if this will presage change amongst the Big Six as a whole...
Check out my shiny new website, with genuine new-blog smell! - http://www.jonathandbeer.com

The Emperor's Mercy - Prologue - The first piece of fiction I've put up on the Bolthole's new incarnation.

"It is the 41st Millennium, and never underestimate the ability of the universe to infinitely screw you over." - Lord Lucan
Erunanion

Postby Mossy Toes » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:38 pm

Or the "Big 5," since Random House and Penguin appear to be merging. Or the "Big 4," if HarperCollins follows through on buying Simon & Schuster.
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Tim the Corsair wrote:No end date and open to all?

Hmmmm, good for TOR.

Clarification, depending on weight of entries they may close it at times to be sure to get through the backlog in the 12 week period (said on their site further down) so just keep an eye on it.
schaferwhat‽

Postby Tim the Corsair » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:22 pm

schaferwhat‽ wrote:
Tim the Corsair wrote:No end date and open to all?

Hmmmm, good for TOR.

Clarification, depending on weight of entries they may close it at times to be sure to get through the backlog in the 12 week period (said on their site further down) so just keep an eye on it.

Oh yeah, I saw.

But the only manuscript I currently have anywhere near completion doesn't really fall within their wheelhouse unfortunately (unless a few years post nuclear apocalypse counts as science fiction...?).

It is nice to know that, pending anything untoward happenings, this will be an ongoing thing, albeit with said potential breaks.
Tim the Corsair

Postby LordLucan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:26 pm

Tim the Corsair wrote:
But the only manuscript I currently have anywhere near completion doesn't really fall within their wheelhouse unfortunately (unless a few years post nuclear apocalypse counts as science fiction...?).

It counts as speculative fiction, at least. Kanticle for Leibowitz is considered sci fi I think, so no reason your story wouldn't count. The only way to be sur eis to send it in.
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Return to Board index

Return to Published Works