After 10k years....

A place to discuss all Warhammer-related background and products not explicitly connected to the Black Library.

Re: After 10k years....

Postby Squiggle » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:37 pm

mmm, Black Dragons Primaris marines.

Now that is a thought. Then again they didnt have their own gene sets that Cawl would have been able to "fix" so that is very unlikely.
If my mind's the weapon, my heart's the extra clip

Forum Moderator

@sqyiggle
Squiggle

Postby Rob P » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:22 pm

Can't wait for the pics of these ... no pressure :D
Rob P

Postby Fenris » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Primaris chaplain,primaris apothecary,inceptors with moreweapons/(i guess) athmospheric drop protections for the helmets and aggressors

They sneaked quite a few things in :D

The chaplain is ace,the apothecary too (just hope he'll have an helòmet option like the librarian)

Incessors are still "meh but not bad",aggressors dont look bad
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Xisor » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:59 pm

I was okay on the Primaris generally, but the Interceptors, Aggressors, Repulsors, and Reivers all really sink my boat.

The characters aren't too overburdened with detail too. Nice mix of ornamental without being daft.

Which is grand. Still plenty to do on the Deathwatch, Sisters of Silence and Custodes front!
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Fenris » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:45 pm

Personally i'm pretty much ok-ish,at varying degrees,with everything they showed for the primaris so far excluding the dreadnought

Ok,they wanted to make a walker with a different profile compared to other dread but...A beer gut?...Was that the best option?
Also,i've the feeling the legs are too small for the upper body (compare and contrast with the leviathan)
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Xisor » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Oh yeah, I didn't care for the Dreadnought either. It then I'm ambivalent about Redemptors and the less said about Deredeos the better.

Leviathans are cool, I suppose, if a bit... odd!
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Major Rawne » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:41 pm

It's going to be interesting to see what's in the new codex. Hopefully it puts some more meat onto the Primaris, especially Primaris only chapters.
Major Rawne

Postby Fenris » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:58 pm

P.s: they are starting to preview rules from the codex and...

..as an IF player i'm both royally screwed and incredibly pissed off.

So yeah,same as every edition.
-
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:46 pm

They managed to leak the codex1 week early this time too :D
-
Fenris

Postby Squiggle » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:46 pm

but you can blow up buildings more effectively and then shoot the survivors as they cower in the ruins.

sounds cracking.

Forum Moderator

@sqyiggle
Squiggle

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Imperial Fists will rock it at city fights.
schaferwhat‽

Postby Fenris » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:40 pm

schaferwhat‽ wrote:Imperial Fists will rock it at city fights.

And pretty much that only,sigh.

Got the codex in hand yesterday.
Of all small things,i liked the small piece of fluff they added for Kantor,with Guilliman pretty much telling that he reminds him of his brother Dorn and that D. himself would be proud of how Kantor managed to keep the CF from the abyss
-
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:16 pm

Next week,both GK and CSM codex landing on preorder

They already started with the faction focus stuff for chaos,+ we got rumors...And if the IW one i'm seeing is right,i'm even more pissed
-
Fenris

Postby Xisor » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:13 pm

Fenris wrote:Next week,both GK and CSM codex landing on preorder

They already started with the faction focus stuff for chaos,+ we got rumors...And if the IW one i'm seeing is right,i'm even more pissed

Language, dear.

Also: I'm excited, all told. I'm really keen to see what's actually been going on in all the non-Guilliman bits of the Galaxy.
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Squiggle » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:42 pm

Fenris wrote:
schaferwhat‽ wrote:Imperial Fists will rock it at city fights.

And pretty much that only,sigh.

Got the codex in hand yesterday.
Of all small things,i liked the small piece of fluff they added for Kantor,with Guilliman pretty much telling that he reminds him of his brother Dorn and that D. himself would be proud of how Kantor managed to keep the CF from the abyss

I need to get hold of this for my primaris project. Any mention of the Astral Knights?

Forum Moderator

@sqyiggle
Squiggle

Postby Fenris » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:43 pm

Not that i've noticed

But the door is open to have them back as a primaris only/mainly primaris chapter.The codex itself brings many examples of chapter almost extinguished/dead that are reinforced/remade from primaris marines (black consuls,schytes,even the CF themselves [the great rift means a war for rynn's world v.2,against chaos forces this time,Kantor and co. are once again almost at extinction point but then the chapter goes back to full strenght with the primaris influx] for example )
-
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:12 pm

-
Fenris

Postby Xisor » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:53 am

6-II/10
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Worlds of Warhammer