Time to Spiritual Liege it up

A place to discuss all Warhammer-related background and products not explicitly connected to the Black Library.

Time to Spiritual Liege it up

Postby Fenris » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:10 pm

Not a fan of the big Smurf in general but the (helmeted) version looks kinda cool,i have to admit
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Re: Time to Spiritual Liege it up

Postby Xisor » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:09 am

Yeah, I think there's an element of Joffrey to the unhelmeted head that's difficult to avoid.

That said, I really like Cypher, and the Grey Knight is just very cool.

---

Speaking of Ynnead, burning swords and strange resurrections, I'm glad my Harlequins are relevant now. Good old Ynnead.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Athelassan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:51 pm

Being thoroughly out of the loop with GW goings-on these days, can I ask what this figure is, where it's from, where I can see more pictures of it etc?

Ath
Athelassan

Postby Rob P » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:24 pm

It's Guilliman.

Part of the Gathering Storm campaign.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... -macragge/
Rob P

Postby Xisor » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:10 pm

Athelassan wrote:Being thoroughly out of the loop with GW goings-on these days, can I ask what this figure is, where it's from, where I can see more pictures of it etc?

Ath

It's Rowboat Googleman; resurrected. Spoilered from the March White Dwarf, check out (google) Warhammer Community.

Ninjad
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Athelassan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:19 pm

Aha, I see.

It looks like a decent model, although there's still something annoyingly "plasticky" about it in places. I don't know if that's real, or imagined, or whether it's just the way the EM team paint figures, but it always bothers me a little on Citadel's larger pieces for some reason.

Although I am reminded of the various discussions I've seen in the past which have basically concluded that for GW to introduce loyalist Primarchs into 40K would be a signal that something is badly wrong somewhere.

What chance a Lost Legion next?

Ath
Athelassan

Postby Rob P » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:23 pm

Look the flame effect on their sword and think it's perfectly ostentatious for 40k.

Think addition of Guilliman and other events suitably moves 40k along without really moving it along.

I reckon they'll release Primary in pairs every few years to keep it fresh.

I'm actually pleased with how GW is operating at mo and White Dwarf is actually decent imho.
Rob P

Postby Fenris » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:44 pm

GW has turned around so much in the last year it's almost unbelievable

The only real weak point they have left is...The ruleset for 40k,strange as it is with it being their main seller and all that.So,may (or june,whatever it will be) when they'll release the new edition will be a pretty important moment
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:27 pm

-
Fenris

Return to Board index

Return to Worlds of Warhammer