So...Times are really changing....

A place to discuss all Warhammer-related background and products not explicitly connected to the Black Library.

So...Times are really changing....

Postby Fenris » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:10 pm

Earlier today,we got a leak of the new plastic 30k Ahriman for (most likely) the next Calth-like box on Prospero

GW official answer to that?

https://video-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42 ... e=57BCCD09

Outleak the leak

Now,tell me if you could have immagined a video like that even only 1 year ago...
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Re: So...Times are really changing....

Postby Lord of the Night » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:40 am

Wouldn't have dreamed of it. GW has really changed their attitude towards the fanbase in recent times. The large amount of painting videos both for releases and by request, the use of teasers online to show what is coming, and now this.

It's like GW saw the leak and then said to us, "Ok, the internet showed you a sprue. Now here's a final product." I wholeheartedly approve, it feels like GW is giving us respect as customers for the first time in a long time. Hopefully this continues.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Rob P » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:09 pm

How convinced are we that it's definitely a heresy boxset coming?

I have heard the arguments that it's pre-Amon helm Ahriman and that he appears to be standing on a dead 30k Space Wolf, but I hear other rumours that they're doing stuff with 40k.

When I asked my gamestore manager (like they know anything!) he was fairly certain that GW would not be releasing a legion specific 'Betrayal at Calth 2' aka 'Prospero'. Any release of a box set would be generic for 30k under GW umbrella.

Either way, it's interesting and interesting to see GW approach to the 'leak' - though I suspect they leak the stuff intentionally and this is a double bluff.

Finally, the link here doesn't seem to work anymore. Don't know if that means they've teased then removed.
Rob P

Postby Fenris » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:48 pm

And i spent today with the twitch livestream of the AoS tournament at warhammer world going on in the background

yep,stuff is moving...
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Mossy Toes » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:21 pm

Leaked Magnus the Red, Daemon Primarch image out there:

Note that box is a 40k citadel box, not a forge world/30k Heresy box.

*Bob Dylan starts playing in the distance*
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Xisor » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:46 pm

Dan Abnett published in today's Digital Short Reads today too, first time in... ages?

Is it an original?

(I've never seen a more jointly overwhelming and underwhelming box, tbh.)
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Fenris » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:03 pm

Mossy Toes wrote:Leaked Magnus the Red, Daemon Primarch image out there:

Note that box is a 40k citadel box, not a forge world/30k Heresy box.

*Bob Dylan starts playing in the distance*

you missed this
https://video-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42 ... e=57FC29F2

:D
-
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhgS_5r7drI

We should probably start and try to stop them at this point :lol:
-
Fenris

Postby Major Rawne » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:28 pm

Fenris wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhgS_5r7drI

We should probably start and try to stop them at this point :lol:

I don't agree. I think this should be positively encouraged. How else will we find out what the internet is?
Major Rawne

Postby Fenris » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... PmbsRqlyng

We went off the edge in the opposite direction now :lol:
-
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Sat May 12, 2018 12:44 pm

-
Fenris

Postby Therion » Tue May 22, 2018 12:31 am

"There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush" -Scriptorus Munificantus
Therion

Postby Fenris » Tue May 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Profit going up after they discovered that thing called "advertising and communication"
-
Fenris

Postby Therion » Wed May 23, 2018 1:02 am

Fenris wrote:Profit going up after they discovered that thing called "advertising and communication"

There had to be some personal changes, though?

Like when Fat Bloke retired and White Dwarf quickly became unreadable?
"There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush" -Scriptorus Munificantus
Therion

Postby Fenris » Thu May 24, 2018 9:59 pm

GW's head stepped down and was replaced in the time period between the death of fantasy battle and when i originally made the thread
-
Fenris

Postby Xisor » Fri May 25, 2018 8:24 am

I wonder how difficult it would be for 'them' to discover a Realmgate that opens... at the outset of the End Times? :o

----

I'm liking the new stuff. It's not all perfect to my tastes, but there's so much of it that I think, if nothing else, my bank balance is glad that I don't love all of it! :lol:

I do love that Harlequins video though. I'm a sucker for mime.

Before memes, there were mimes. (Etc.)
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Fenris » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:18 pm

-
Fenris

Return to Board index

Return to Worlds of Warhammer