Adeptus Mechanicus - Xisor's Maniple Pi-9-2

A place to discuss all Warhammer-related background and products not explicitly connected to the Black Library.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Xisor's Maniple Pi-9-2

Postby Xisor » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:26 am

Formerly titled: Genoguards of Levilnor IV: Exhibit 00000011

Abstract:
Genoguards of Levilnor IV: Exhibit 00000001

Body: <processing>

Bibliography:
1. Lord Lucan et Al.
2. Xisor et Al
Last edited by Xisor on Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Re: Genoguards of Levilnor IV: Exhibit 00000001

Postby Xisor » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:44 pm

Exhibit 00000010
A Selection of Radtroopers & Reclaimator
9-2-Pi Maniple Trials:
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Xisor » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:44 pm

Exhibit 00000011
9-2-Pi Maniple - hazard indicator preparations
View Source
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Xisor » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:04 pm

Exhibit 00000100
9-2-Pi Maniple - combat sufficiency achieved
View Source

9-2-Pi Maniple - Genoguard Alphas
View Source

9-2-Pi Maniple - Pre-deployment Reclaimator and Genoguards (inc. alpha)
View Source

9-2-Pi Maniple - Magos
View Source

9-2-Pi Maniple - First active source rad carbine
View Source

9-2-Pi Maniple - Second active source rad carbine
View Source
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Re: Genoguards of Levilnor IV: Exhibit 00000011

Postby Xisor » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:01 pm

I've been intermittently beavering away on these guys, so should hopefully get some pics up at the weekend.

The main update is: I've totally managed to get my electropriest kitbashes done. They're still needing a bit of finishing touches on details but they're looking proper now.

I've also managed to include some robots, servitors and the big walker too. Still not settled on a paint scheme for the Onager either.

Critically, I'm keen to get some serious work done in the coming months on a personal endeavour: transports!

Specifically: Goliath trucks. As these aren't "proper" skitarii, rather Tech Guard in cahoots with some clergy, I really think the Goliaths are gonna look great in reinforcing the hive feel.

Better, I've also got the first of my "lay tech cultists" coming along - strictly my Genestealer cultists. I've got Chaos cultists on the way (and some more via Execution Force) that'll be in roughly similar colours, and I'm hoping to do a few Kharadron Overlords up as more skitarii/tech-guard/work-gangers - especially as crew/gunners on the Goliaths. (Indeed, I'm keen to get some Ork vehicles/Servohaulers to add some extra detail on the trucks.)

----

Stimulating times!
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Re: Adeptus Mechanicus - Xisor's Maniple Pi-9-2

Postby Xisor » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Summary: Introducing an array of operational-grade additions to the dig on Levilnor IV. Scroll for pictures.

Preamble: More than that, after some hearty analysis of the organisation of various bits of the Adeptus Mechanics (hopefully not overturned by this Saturday's release of the unified codex...).

Recall: these are more tech-guard than typical skitarii. Logically, I imagine that there's an Explorator Fleet (The Hovid Ecumenacy) of which this is only a tiny sliver. I envisage the resources to contain roughly three-thousand macroclades (of which each is roughly twelve maniples organised into three cohorts, assuming the skitarii general structure can be extended outwards), of which the vast bulk (2000+) are battle-servitor macroclades, a further 800 are Skitarii Auxiliary Macroclades (e.g. tech-guard/machine-cultists/abhumans), a further 140 are proper Skitarii (e.g. these), 50 are essentially ordained formations (electropriests, secutors etc) and the remaining ten are Legio Cybernetica forces (which, if a maniple is roughly four robots and a data smith, then that only tallies 480 robots amongst a gargantuan force of millions of servitors and tech-cultists).

I digress.

Introducing the active elements.
Pi-9-2 Sigma-Saturation, Rad-Beamer Onager

Lopek-7 and Avowal-5, attached from Attatorium Maniple, Legio Cybernetica.

Techlimator Aneli-Chi Noether, Magos Explorador Tertian of the Hovid Explorator Ecumenacy - overseer and architect of the dig "Aexcavation 7731-Q" on Levilnor IV, Maniple Pi-9-2 (+ aux.) assigned and in attendance.

Disciples of Onnes, corpuscarite clergy attached to Maniple Pi-9-2.

'Shiv Princeps' and the rest of Pi-9-2 Phi-Atomicity, lay cyborg auxiliaries of the Children of Radium

Aleph 73 Maniple 'Praetor' Battle Servitors (breachers with dual-arc weapons) of the 1337 Servitoria Macroclade, attached to Maniple Pi-9-2.

Categorisation: Levites, fulgurian mission attached to Maniple Pi-9-2.

Tantalising Throw-Forward
I've got plans to include work-teams of tech-guard auxilliaries (likely using Imperial Guard rules):
- My Chaos Cultists (form Dark Vengeance and Execution Force) as an indentured force
- My Genestealer Cultists (from Deathwatch: Overkill) as a mutant force
- Forthcoming Kharadron Overlord Arkanaut Company (or more) as an abhuman force

With the relative success of the scheme on the bright-yellow onager, I've intention of getting a few more vehicles to round out the force. Principally:
- 3 Goliath Trucks to shuttle the radtrooper forces (3x10 Vanguard)
- 2 Goliath Rockgrinders to ferry the reclaimators (2x5 Rangers)
- +2 Onagers with Radbeamers (to go alongside the initial one, scouring/clearing the dig-site)
- +1 Onager with Icarus load as a sentry

And finally, I really fancy rounding out the robot maniple with an extra two robots (likely flamer-fist combinations).

Indeed, I might even manage to get a few games in soon enough!
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Xisor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:17 pm

A little preview of some reinforcements for these lovely Mechanicals.

My three new characters - the rear two 'count as' Magi Dominum, but they are rendered

Left to right, that's:
Alpha Exorcist Secutarion: Porr Xantech Exaclatoria (as Magos Dominum)
Princeps Minoris: Raddi Hovinfeen (as Sly Marbo/Magos Dominum)
Alpha Lector Explorator: Kree bin Tousas (as Magos Dominum)
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Xisor » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:09 pm

It occurs to me that Fulgurite Electropriests is a silly name for them.

They also have deeply disturbing connotations: superhuman vigour from siphoned electrical life force. Why wait for battle? Why not immediately obliterate some devoted techthralls moments before battle to get that glorious 3++ save?

As I said, silly name for them.

Should be: Ampires.

Also room for ohmnivores, more generally.
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Worlds of Warhammer