Modeling moments when you'd like to self-punch in the face

A place to discuss all Warhammer-related background and products not explicitly connected to the Black Library.

Modeling moments when you'd like to self-punch in the face

Postby Fenris » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Because i need to vent my self-hatred somewhere.....

Spent the day assebling a new Treeman kit.It's a joy to build i have to say,probably one of the best GW sprue that i've assembled in 18 years

So....It's a multikit,so you can assemble it in 3 forms..
Image ancient
Imagedurthu
Problem is
-i don't like the head and rised hand on the ancient but i like how he's posed with the legs and torso
-i don't like the vine hand and turned position on the standard
-i dont like the pose on Durthu

Oh well,no problem...I'll just mix the parts and make the "perfect one" out of them

Yeah,that will do (my phone is bad,isn't it?)..I wanted to make a spear out of the sword and the staff but better not try my luck

Oh wait,since i'm at this point i'll magnetize the hand and head so i can swap them with the others if i want to.

*working*

Ok,the head is done

*working*

The hand t......Wait,why is the hand falling off if i move it?

*check the magnets*

For orion's sake.......I've used the wrong size of magnet for the hand side of the wrist....It will never hold the whole sword up

And i cant replace it,unless i drop a small nuke on the part to try and remove the small magnet (tried for 2 hours with samll artillery,didnt work)

:evil:

And now i'm sitting here in sadness land :cry:
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Re: Modeling moments when you'd like to self-punch in the fa

Postby VictorK » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:10 am

Ya dun goofed.
"The gods are not all powerful, they cannot erase the past." -Agathon
VictorK

Postby Fenris » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:19 am

Yep :cry:

At least as long as i dont move it the hand holds in place :cry:
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Rob P » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:51 am

Can you pin around the magnet?
Rob P

Postby Trollio » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:05 am

:(
Trollio

Postby Fenris » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:48 pm

Rob P wrote:Can you pin around the magnet?

Tried it but no luck.

i'll try some more this week edn if i find the time :cry:
-
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:48 am

Went back to this ("maybe" inspired by the new sylvaneth treekins :geek: ) and decided to fix it

Ditched the idea of magnetizing the weapon arm,instead i went with the spear converion (it ended up being quite simpler than i thought )
-
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:49 pm

Somewhat related

Around 10 years (or more) after buying them,i finally started painting my dryads

Keep in mind i've been playing *various warhammer and related sidegames* since '95 and i have less than 30 models painted out of 3 fantasy and 2 40k armies (not because i dont want to paint but because i'm a crap painter and i end up hating myself every time i try to do something with a brush) so 3 dryads in a day is,well........

Bonus point for the fact that i dont completly hate myself for the result this time,basic as it may be
-
Fenris

Return to Board index

Return to Worlds of Warhammer