The Bandwagon Cult of the Star Child - Fate of Levilnor IV

A place to discuss all Warhammer-related background and products not explicitly connected to the Black Library.

The Bandwagon Cult of the Star Child - Fate of Levilnor IV

Postby Xisor » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:08 am

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, I like my lore wrapped in aluminium foil and turned into a lovely hat. With that in mind, I've been vaguely considering (for the last few hours) a concerted effort at... something which would prompt the Salamanders to commit exterminatus.

What could it be?

Well, a big ol' "Chaos" Cult which has seduced some of their own, perhaps? One that happens to be making curiously trans-Thorian claims about the fate of Him on Earth? One that might just be playing around with heathen pantheons and making outrageously alluring claims about the fate of everything everywhere? A faction that seems to be committing almost every sort of blasphemy and heresy all at once without strictly turning their back on the Immortal God-Emperor of Mankind?

Sounds like something you might be interested in? Read on!

Primary Detachment

Inquisitor <Redacted>
(Counts as Sorcerer - Mark of Tzeentch, Combi-Plasma, Ichor Blood) 90pts
Magos <Redacted>
(Counts as Warpsmith) 110pts

Levilnor IV PDF Detachment
(5*20 Cultists with Autoguns & 2 Flamers apiece) 600pts
Salamanders Chapter Librarian Lexicanum <Redacted> and 5 Aspirants
(Counts as 6 Thousand Sons w/Icon of Flame) 188pts

Total: 988pts

Secondary Detachment

The Blue Scribes - 130pts
The Masque - 100pts
7 Horrors with Full Command & Changeling - 164pts
7 Daemonettes with Full Command - 133pts
1 Daemon Prince - 205pts
6 Bloodcrushers with Full Command - 280pts

Total: 1012pts
Aggregate: 2000pts

But what are these daemons!? Surely an Inquisitor, a Salamanders Librarian, a Magos and several hundred other bodies would see through such a guise? Surely!?

Well, when the Daemon Prince manifests as a relatively lithe and athletic but by no means super-human man with the beatific attitude one'd come to expect of a Saint, or perhaps a Vassal of the Emperor, perhaps an image plucked straight out of religious iconography...

When this man can conjure up such displays of cosmic history, putting it in ways that just seem right, that make sense of everything, that put the entire history of bloodshed, violence and misery into perspective by showing you the fate of those who went before, the ascendancy of She Who Thirsts, the fall of the Old Gods, the tricks of the Ruinous Powers... when just one, simple person can do all of that?

Well, then you've got something magical that might, that might just seduce an entire world sufficiently to entice even the most humane of Chapters into committing to the Exterminatus of a civilised, thriving and productive world of humanity...

---

The Conceit

The Daemons contingent is just my 'Dance Without End' counting-as Daemons. Well, my Harlequins plus five Incubi to work with Khaine as the Bloodcrushers of Khorne. The Masque is my Solitaire, appropriately, the Blue Scribes are Morai-Heg the Shadowseer (again, appropriate?). The Daemonettes are composed of the Stagehand, Asuryan, Vaul, Lileath, Isha, Kurnous and Gea. The Horrors are composed of the Mimes, the Yngir (Death Jester), Loec and Cegorach (the Troupe Master, who's moonlighting as the Changeling).

But what of this Daemon Prince? Who's that?!

Well, that'd be this chappy:

Say hello to the Star Child.

Sensei? Perpetuals? Tzeentchian Cult? Illuminati? Harlequin-induced hallucinations for all involved? The Necrons messing about? Jape of the century? Find out next time on Cult of the Star Child!

EDIT: Snap. Out by 100pts. Didn't count the cost of the 100 Autoguns. It'll be five big squads of Cultists in any case, will recalculate soon enough!
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Re: The Bandwagon Cult of the Star Child - Fate of Levilnor

Postby Mossy Toes » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:35 am

Gloriously tinfoil-hatty. I won't even try to critique for improving the list, since competetiveness is clearly not the intent.

Y'know, you could always do an Imperial Guard list with allied Eldar to accomplish much the same thing...
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:11 pm

I am schaferwhat‽ and I approve this Cult.
schaferwhat‽

Postby Vivia » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:24 pm

I, Vivia, heartily approve of this cult. The daemon prince has one of the prettiest armours I have seen.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby sam vimes » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:05 pm

pretty armour xisor, slanesshi chap is he/she?
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Xisor » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Cheers folks :)

Sam: Don't you recognise him? ;)

To appease the great unspeakable fiend that is Mossy, I dusted off my Imperial Guard cityfighters (who'd be doing the bulk of the Cultist work in the list) and wondered about translating it as IG/Eldar as suggested - works well though to a very different interpretation of 'the same thing'!

Levilnor IV Planetary Defence Force & The Cadre of Inquisitor <Redacted>
Primary Detachment

Company Command Squad: Power Weapon, Medi-pak, Vox, Heavy Flamer, Regimental Standard, Astropath, Two Bodyguards, Officer of the Fleet (acolyte of Inquisitor <Redacted>)
220pts
Techpriest (Inquisitor <Redacted>) with three Servitors, Heavy Bolter
110pts
Techpriest (Magos <Redacted>) with three Servitors, Multi Melta
130pts
Two Ministorum Priests (acolytes of Inquisitor <Redacted>)
90pts
Primaris Psyker (acolyte of Inquisitor <Redacted>)
70pts

6 Stormtroopers
101pts
Marbo
65pts

Platoon Command Squad - Al'Rahem, Vox, Melta, Plasma, Commissar w/PF, Boltgun
#1 - Flamer, Vox, Sergeant's Bolt Pistol
#2 - Flamer, Missile Launcher, Vox
Special Weapons Squad - 2 Flamers, Democharge
379pts

Platoon Command Squad - Vox, Mortar, Grenade Launcher
#1 - Flamer, Assault Cannon, Vox
#2 - Flamer, Mortar, Vox
180pts

1345pts

Playing the Levilnor IV Pavillion for one planet only!: The Legend of the Star Child
Allies

Eldrad (as Ynnead, pictured)
210pts
3 Warlocks with Singing Spears; Enhance, Embolden, Conceal (Anaris-Bearer, Gea & Solitaire)
129pts
10 Harlequins - Troupe Master, Death Jester, 4 Harlequin Snogs
256pts
5 Dire Avengers (Mimes + Loec)
60pts

655pts
2000pts

----

And there you are, a bigger, more fullsome list with more of my Guard/Inquisitorybobs included, but with 100% less Salamanders! (Evidently they come later and kill everyone...)

So, Mossy, which one'd you rate as the more competitive? :P
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby sam vimes » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Sangy? nice if it is long day brain feels like mush lol
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:27 pm

the Star Child is the Emperor. I say spoiling the shock twist ending of the Heresy for everyone.
schaferwhat‽

Postby Mossy Toes » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:37 am

Second list is much more competitive. Replace Eldrad's powers for Divination... Mmm, delicious. Either list works just fine in terms of fluffy awesomeness, of course.
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Return to Board index

Return to Worlds of Warhammer