Skip to content

The Dance Without End

A place to discuss all Warhammer-related background and products not explicitly connected to the Black Library.

Re: The Dance Without End

Postby Xisor » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:49 am

Introducing some colour to the proceedings...

Left to right, that's my 'old' kit-bashed Solitaire, Slaanesh. Next up is my Player sporting gold/brass and black colour scheme, plus a honking big spear-hook thing, who shall be my 'Despoiler' model (a stand in for 'the other gods', unless I make Nurgle, Tzeentch and Khorne [and Malice] specifically, though I don't entirely intend to).

Next up is Gork (or Mork). Everything very WIP as I get used to these newfangled paints, but I'm enjoying messing about with them and practising my brushwork. This one, and Mork (or Gork), especially need a tiny touch of red adding to them to complete the Ork scheme - especially with respect to the eyes. More tidying and slyer application should assist that.

The middle is the Great Devourer, who'll be getting a good dose of red added shortly to match up with the Kraken colour scheme.

Next to the right is Mork (or Gork), with whom I'm really rather pleased. The paint went on a bit better by this point and now it really just needs tidy up and perhaps a good application of white paper and light to take better photos with.

In the background behind Mork (or Gork) is Ynnead/The Immortal God-Emperor of Mankind, of course, who's received a little bit of detail touching up.

Finally, on the right, is my 'janitor' figure. Obviously, another Solitaire (ol' Slaanesh will, I fear, be being relegated to be a mere Shadowseer henceforth). This time it's being done with a rather plain black/brown quartered coat, dark blue trousers and standard weaponry colours. Might bring out the end of his caress' sleeve in brown too, and possibly use the temple-guard blue/sotek-green to help bring out some detail around his person and give him a little, discreet vibrancy beyond the 'mere' brown.

Not picture are my two Skyweavers, done up as Cegorachs wielding Zephyrglaives, with the riders having that 'odd mid-forehead gem/bump' favoured by some of the masks (for which I'll be referencing the much-more-tinfoil-hatted idea that the great serpents used by the Gods were actually C'tan being 'enslaved'[?] by the Old Ones to build the Warp Portal network - hence the Deicever's forehead bump, and also the oddness of the Harlequins nicking the Q'orl Queen to acquire the gland and furnish the Tau's new caste with a rather similar indeed protruding piece of mineral...I digress.).

Also is the start of my Voidweaver, though my decision to 'convert' the gunner is leading to some issues - namely the 'cool pose' I've got him in makes it look very impractical for him to also be doing any gunning. So I've hit a touch of a snag there. I'll muse on it.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Xisor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:13 pm

Speaking of necromancy:
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:09 pm

Is your troupe going to start to have dancers that are covering more contemporary happenings in the galaxy?
schaferwhat‽

Postby Xisor » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:45 pm

schaferwhat‽ wrote:Is your troupe going to start to have dancers that are covering more contemporary happenings in the galaxy?

I have been considering this.

If by contemporary you mean Malal, Hashut, the Horned Rat, a variety of Mon-Keigh golem-gods, heroes of legend, embodiments of the Winds of Magic, etc, then yes...

Of course, that's assuming that the Star Child, the Doom of the Eldar, the Bearer of Anaris, the Herald of the Laughing God and such *aren't already* contemporary characters.

I'm quite tempted to have one drawn up as Czevak too. A Harlequin playing the role of the Resurrection Man.
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Worlds of Warhammer