Blood Bowl

A place to discuss all Warhammer-related background and products not explicitly connected to the Black Library.

Blood Bowl

Postby Athelassan » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:05 pm

I usually don't even glance at email alerts from GW before deleting them these days, but this one caught my eye: the long-awaited Blood Bowl re-release. It seems surprisingly reasonably priced, too.

I am in two minds whether to pick it up, as from what I've heard the rules will be essentially unchanged and I do already own the third edition set with all its accessories, as well as multiple human, orc and Skaven teams. And I wouldn't be able to pick it up until next year, most likely, and money I spend on Blood Bowl is money I can't spend on historicals.

But then again, it's very tempting, and I hope this edition is a success, as I've been saying for years GW should do more of this sort of thing.

Ath
Athelassan

Re: Blood Bowl

Postby Fenris » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:36 pm

Prices were the biggest surprise for about anybody i've seen talking about it

85 for the base game and 25 for single teams is nothing by GW standard
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:44 pm

I may put it on my Christmas list, I never really got into it at the time, it was a fun game and all but I collected other things.

As ever I think the main sticking point is that I'd play only a handful of games a year in all likelihood.
schaferwhat‽

Postby Rob P » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:21 pm

I see they are doing a print on demand for classic teams in the very near future.
Rob P

Postby Athelassan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:08 am

That would be great (price dependent) and something I wish they'd do more of across all their ranges.

Of the teams released so far in plastic I only don't have a full set of dwarfs and the new ones aren't to my taste, but if I had the chance to get some of the classic dwarfs - and vampires, Norse and Amazons - that would be fantastic.

Ath
Athelassan

Postby Athelassan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:09 pm

£32 for a team is not that bad, I guess. It's not as cheap as I'd hoped but at under £3 per figure for metal it's alright for GW and within the reasonable range of prices for second-hand teams.

£12 for a single assassin model is a bit eye-popping though. It'd also have been nice had they included some of the "booster packs" that you used to be able to get, so you can get your roster up to 16 with some flexibility without having to buy 24 players including useless duplicates.

And the "one week only" limitation seems excessive.

Still, better than nothing. I'm debating getting the Chaos Dwarfs.

Ath
Athelassan

Postby Rob P » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:47 pm

I've decided to leave it.

Though Chaos Dwarfs would be nice.
Rob P

Postby Xisor » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Athelassan wrote:Still, better than nothing. I'm debating getting the Chaos Dwarfs.

My debate felt a lot more like being mugged by my inner child.

In other news, one day relatively soon, I'll actually have a Bloodbowl team, so I should probably look at acquiring the boxed set too.

---

I can justify it as a social game, right? Easy to get other folks playing and invested. It's really not about me...
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Athelassan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:59 am

I decided against it and to spend the money on historicals instead. Completionism is attractive, but I'm prepared to wait for (either) a better deal or for them to come around again. Besides, knowing my luck I'd buy them, then next week GW would release two more teams that I want more and I'd be left cursing.

Ath
Athelassan

Return to Board index

Return to Worlds of Warhammer