Ask... SARAH CAWKWELL

A place for you to ask questions of some of the Black Library authors themselves.

Re: Ask... SARAH CAWKWELL

Postby Pyroriffic » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Liliedhe wrote:Hi, I read your story Skin Deep yesterday :) It made me misty eyed (and I wanted to hug Argentius... Lessons on mortality hurt. :( )

Just why did the story appear under SP Cawkwell instead of Sarah? Do people refuse to buy scifi written by a woman? Or was it just the topic (so much naked skin, shocking :P - may I have an illustration please? :twisted: )?

I was very glad to read another of your stories - I hope here will be more soon.

It was a change to bring my author name in line with that for the translated copies of my books (I still get a kick out of that!)
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Pyroriffic

Postby Liliedhe » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Pyroriffic wrote:
Liliedhe wrote:Hi, I read your story Skin Deep yesterday :) It made me misty eyed (and I wanted to hug Argentius... Lessons on mortality hurt. :( )

Just why did the story appear under SP Cawkwell instead of Sarah? Do people refuse to buy scifi written by a woman? Or was it just the topic (so much naked skin, shocking :P - may I have an illustration please? :twisted: )?

I was very glad to read another of your stories - I hope here will be more soon.

It was a change to bring my author name in line with that for the translated copies of my books (I still get a kick out of that!)

Well, congratulations then :)

Was this story a shade of things to come?
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Pyroriffic » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:07 am

Liliedhe wrote:
Pyroriffic wrote:

Well, congratulations then :)

Was this story a shade of things to come?

I CAN'T SAY.

But... maybe. You know the Silver Skulls; all about the foreshadowing.
Pyroriffic

Postby Vivia » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:49 am

*peeks ears* Aha!
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Liliedhe » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:33 pm

Hm, this might just be paranoia :P and I don't expect that you will say more than "I can't say", but...

I find it curious that of all the SMB novels only The Gildar Rift is no longer in print. Could it be that it is the next novel due to a relaunch with companion novella and audio? If so, *squee*. :mrgreen:
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Less than two years since launch and its no longer in print?.... Weird...
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Vivia » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:56 pm

Liliedhe wrote:Hm, this might just be paranoia :P and I don't expect that you will say more than "I can't say", but...

I find it curious that of all the SMB novels only The Gildar Rift is no longer in print. Could it be that it is the next novel due to a relaunch with companion novella and audio? If so, *squee*. :mrgreen:

By the gods, yes! We need more Huron in our lives.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Liliedhe » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Vivia wrote:
Liliedhe wrote:Hm, this might just be paranoia :P and I don't expect that you will say more than "I can't say", but...

By the gods, yes! We need more Huron in our lives.

No. More Porteus and Volker and Brand. And Techmarine with a sense of humour.
Liliedhe

Postby Dorian » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Liliedhe wrote:No. More Porteus and Volker and Brand. And Techmarine with a sense of humour.

Yes. I love grumpy Correlan.
Wyrd bið ful aræd.

We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things.

If the world is at peace then it means someone is planning war.
Dorian

Postby Liliedhe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:00 pm

May I pet Vorenus? :mrgreen:
Liliedhe

Postby Pyroriffic » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Liliedhe wrote:May I pet Vorenus? :mrgreen:

Please do.
Pyroriffic

Postby Liliedhe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:06 pm

*pets him* I hope being lawful chaotic is not contagious. :P
Liliedhe

Postby Shaggy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:05 pm

Very glad to hear there is a new Silver Skulls novel, but... I hate ebooks! Will this ever be released in 'real' format?
In defeat, malice.
In victory, revenge.

My lifeform type is tee tee hatch nex ool
Shall we do rishathra?
Shaggy

Postby Pyroriffic » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:32 am

Shaggy wrote:Very glad to hear there is a new Silver Skulls novel, but... I hate ebooks! Will this ever be released in 'real' format?

Hi Shaggy

Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, there are no plans for this to be released in dead tree format.
Pyroriffic

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:43 am

That is disappointing :-(
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Pyroriffic » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:54 am

shadowhawk2008 wrote:That is disappointing :-(

Yes. Yes, it is. Alas, I have no control.
Pyroriffic

Postby Vivia » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:10 pm

That's highly disappointing. E-books have lost most of their charm in my eyes. A lady can never have too many books after all. :ugeek:
Vivia

Postby Shaggy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:51 pm

Pyroriffic wrote:
Shaggy wrote:Very glad to hear there is a new Silver Skulls novel, but... I hate ebooks! Will this ever be released in 'real' format?

Hi Shaggy

Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, there are no plans for this to be released in dead tree format.

Not at all happy with this, not one little bit... (I know it's not your fault).
In defeat, malice.
In victory, revenge.

My lifeform type is tee tee hatch nex ool
Shall we do rishathra?
Shaggy

Postby Xisor » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:07 am

How does one remind them about the POD machine they have around?
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Pyroriffic » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:57 am

Just copying this over from my Facebook author page to here so people are aware.

Morning, folks.

Thought I should put something here in order to answer a few PMs that have come in.

I have made the choice to put writing on the back burner due to the demands of working full time and various other real life issues. As such, I am now no longer writing anything for the Black Library (although my Silver Skulls novel should appear in dead tree format towards the end of this year).

There is nothing else in the works at this time.

I'd like to extend a personal thank you to those who have made this writing lark so worth it. Never underestimate the power of positive words to an author!
Pyroriffic

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Ask the Authors