Ask... SARAH CAWKWELL

A place for you to ask questions of some of the Black Library authors themselves.

Re: Ask... SARAH CAWKWELL

Postby Liliedhe » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:56 am

And the best sidekick ever.

I guess Lord Soth is still among my top 3 favourite fictional characters.
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:02 am

Ah damn, got me on that one. Raistlin = the amazings.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Pyroriffic » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:07 am

Liliedhe wrote:And the best sidekick ever.

Soth's story is brilliant.

I loved Dalamar as well.

The Evil Side is where the cool kids are at in any story. *nod*
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Pyroriffic

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:12 am

The Undead Knight right? His backstory was awesome :D

Speaking of, Kitiara also had the cooooolest dragon companion ever. Skie/Khellendros was awesome IMO in the sequels featuring Caramon's son Palin and the former Knight of Takhisis, Dhamon.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Vivia » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:36 pm

Lord Soth, I knew I recognised that name. I have the Knight of the Black Rose novel. His companion was a ghost.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Liliedhe » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:40 pm

And a werebadger and a rather nononsense woman. *giggle*
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Viking Phil » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:33 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:

The Undead Knight right? His backstory was awesome :D

Speaking of, Kitiara also had the cooooolest dragon companion ever. Skie/Khellendros was awesome IMO in the sequels featuring Caramon's son Palin and the former Knight of Takhisis, Dhamon.

I found it very difficult to get into the later books and invest in the characters.
It just felt like Weis and Hickman were milking the whole story.
The first two trilogies will always be Dragonlance for me.
Outgunned, outnumbered, though never outclassed.
Viking Phil

Postby Pyroriffic » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:41 am

As promised - stuff on the Silver Skulls, via Josh's blog here.
Pyroriffic

Postby Lord of the Night » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:47 am

Pyroriffic wrote:As promised - stuff on the Silver Skulls, via Josh's blog here.

Daviks!! That bastard voted to execute the Soul Drinkers. :evil:

But more Gileas is definitely welcome. :D

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 am

And I would totally agree with him. :P

And looking very much forward to more Silver Skulls... So many interesting dangling plotthreads :mrgreen:
Liliedhe

Postby Lord of the Night » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:11 pm

Liliedhe wrote:And I would totally agree with him. :P

And looking very much forward to more Silver Skulls... So many interesting dangling plotthreads :mrgreen:

Monster! The Soul Drinkers were heroes! :)

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Xisor » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Rafiki Daviks, eh?

Well, I'm very keen to see more. Can you tell us anything about what he's up to in the book? Overseeing a new CM for the Celestial Lions? (A Celestial Lion King, if you will...?)
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Lord of the Night » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Xisor wrote:Well, I'm very keen to see more. Can you tell us anything about what he's up to in the book? Overseeing a new CM for the Celestial Lions? (A Celestial Lion King, if you will...?)

A resurgance for the Celestial Lions? I do hope that's possible, their chapter's return from the brink of death would mak for an exciting story.

LotN
Lord of the Night

Postby Shaggy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:11 pm

So, Lady Pyro... you've been somewhat quiet of late... is there anything with which you can tease, titillate or tempt us?

Some silvery skull goodness would, of course, be most welcome... but I imagine that there are other, as yet unopened vistas that you would like to explore?
In defeat, malice.
In victory, revenge.

My lifeform type is tee tee hatch nex ool
Shall we do rishathra?
Shaggy

Postby Pyroriffic » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:24 pm

Shaggy wrote:So, Lady Pyro... you've been somewhat quiet of late... is there anything with which you can tease, titillate or tempt us?

Some silvery skull goodness would, of course, be most welcome... but I imagine that there are other, as yet unopened vistas that you would like to explore?

There's nothing new to add at this time for BL. There's a Silver Skulls novel in the offing, but I don't know when it'll see the light of day. :)

Cover was revealed for a short original fantasy story called Blood Bound today, which you can see here. I have another short story due out later this year in another of Fox Spirit's anthologies, so watch out for that.
Pyroriffic

Postby WarlordGuymer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:44 am

And is this a non-BL book that I see on facebook? Is it a full-length novel? What's it about, tell, tell!
WarlordGuymer

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:12 pm

I am well behind on hammer and bolter short story reading. Did we ever get your hippy wizard story?
schaferwhat‽

Postby Pyroriffic » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:04 pm

WarlordGuymer wrote:And is this a non-BL book that I see on facebook? Is it a full-length novel? What's it about, tell, tell!

Blood Bound is an original fantasy short story featuring a complete crook, a complete hero and a complete [insert expletive of choice] tied together in a binding contract.

It also features a pretty icky zombie.

And no, Schafe... he never saw the light of day, I'm afraid!
Pyroriffic

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Well there was editorial enthusement at the notion of basing an antology on the colleges so try and strong arm the storyninto existence. I like wizards
schaferwhat‽

Postby Liliedhe » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:29 am

Hi, I read your story Skin Deep yesterday :) It made me misty eyed (and I wanted to hug Argentius... Lessons on mortality hurt. :( )

Just why did the story appear under SP Cawkwell instead of Sarah? Do people refuse to buy scifi written by a woman? Or was it just the topic (so much naked skin, shocking :P - may I have an illustration please? :twisted: )?

I was very glad to read another of your stories - I hope here will be more soon.
Liliedhe

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Ask the Authors