Ask... MIKE LEE

A place for you to ask questions of some of the Black Library authors themselves.

Re: Ask... MIKE LEE

Postby Lord of the Night » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:17 pm

Really? Well that sucks. Guess all we can hope for is that someone else picks Malus up, maybe C.L Werner. He did write that short story for the first BL weekender anthology, a story set after the 5th Darkblade book and it was really good. If anyone else were to pen Malus' remaining adventures, he'd be my first pick.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby BL Graeme » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Darke wrote:I'm guessing Mike Lee doesn't write for Black Library any more - the Traitor's Gorge limited edition novella by him had a signature page for his signature that was unsigned on all of the printed copies, and the hardcover version of Fallen Angels did not have the usual author afterword. I'm guessing there was a falling out between him and Black Library?

What a ridiculous notion!

Mike very much still works for us. Traitor's Gorge's signing page was left deliberately unsigned so that when he comes to events (like some of the US-based events last year and no doubt forthcoming events as well), people can bring the book for him to sign and have a chat with him. That's worth doing - he's a jolly nice chap. :D

He's currently working on several <CENSORED BY THE INQUISITION> for me, with <CENSORED BY THE INQUISITION> lined up for the future. Rest assured, I'm cracking the whip and keeping him busy.

As for Malus Darkblade... He will return. When and how, and written by whom, I can't say. But you can't keep a good dark elf down. Malus will return.
BL Graeme

Postby Liliedhe » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Then why did Fallen Angels have no afterword?

I buy the Collectors Edition mostly for the afterwords, since I already have all Heresy books. I was very disappointed there was none :(
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Lord of the Night » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:10 pm

BL Graeme wrote:As for Malus Darkblade... He will return. When and how, and written by whom, I can't say. But you can't keep a good dark elf down. Malus will return.

Oh well that's good. I take it from that comment that Mike Lee isn't writing Darkblade anymore, but it's good to know that he will be back. I hope it's not too far away.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Ask the Authors