Ask... ANDY HOARE

A place for you to ask questions of some of the Black Library authors themselves.

Re: Ask... ANDY HOARE

Postby Andy Hoare » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Sorry guys! I'm here now, honest :)
Andy Hoare

Postby Lord of the Night » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Good to have you back Andy. One one question for you.

What are you currently working on? Its been a while since we've heard anything from you, and you don't have any books listed on the Coming Soon section.

Lord of the Night
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Andy Hoare » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:15 pm

I've got two books with the editors (but as neither are listed I can't say what they are!) and I've been doing loads of 40k rpg stuff for Fantasy Flight Games.
Andy Hoare

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:17 pm

Andy Hoare wrote:I've got two books with the editors (but as neither are listed I can't say what they are!) and I've been doing loads of 40k rpg stuff for Fantasy Flight Games.

Are you involved with the new, upcoming First Founding book by any chance?
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Lord of the Night » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Andy Hoare wrote:I've got two books with the editors (but as neither are listed I can't say what they are!) and I've been doing loads of 40k rpg stuff for Fantasy Flight Games.

Nothing?! Not even some vague hints that are ultimately more annoying than interesting?

Lord of the Night
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Andy Hoare » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:52 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:

Are you involved with the new, upcoming First Founding book by any chance?

Yup, wrote loads for that!
Andy Hoare

Postby Andy Hoare » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Lord of the Night wrote:

Nothing?! Not even some vague hints that are ultimately more annoying than interesting?
Lord of the Night

Nope 8-)
Andy Hoare

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Andy Hoare wrote:Yup, wrote loads for that!

Exciting stuff, that! Can't wait to read it :)
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:43 am

Andy Hoare wrote:
Lord of the Night wrote:

Lord of the Night

Nope 8-)

Can't you just give us lies, sweet little lies, just so we don't have to fret about it.
schaferwhat‽

Postby Lord of the Night » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Andy Hoare wrote:Nope 8-)

Your cruel. I respect that.

Can you at least tell us whether or not they are 40k or Fantasy? I must know, the desire for knowledge is too strong!

schaferwhat‽ wrote:Can't you just give us lies, sweet little lies, just so we don't have to fret about it.

That'd be nice too.

Lord of the Night
Lord of the Night

Postby Andy Hoare » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:12 pm

I'm keeping it under my cap for now, but just this minute I had the nicest feedback email I've ever had from an editor :D
Andy Hoare

Postby Lord of the Night » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:50 pm

Andy Hoare wrote:I'm keeping it under my cap for now, but just this minute I had the nicest feedback email I've ever had from an editor :D

Ooo. :D

Wish you'd tell us something. Your being very tight-lipped about what's coming.

Lord of the Night
Lord of the Night

Postby Andy Hoare » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Sorry mate, its a habit I picked up the studio! Its not my place to give out info the sales guys want to release as best suits their plans ;)
Andy Hoare

Postby Lord of the Night » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:14 pm

Andy Hoare wrote:Sorry mate, its a habit I picked up the studio! Its not my place to give out info the sales guys want to release as best suits their plans ;)

Good habit for the studio, infuriating habit for a Black Library writer. :)

Oh well I suppose we'll find out soon, I hope.

I actually have a question. Is there a subject that another author has delved into that you yourself would want to explore in the future?

Lord of the Night
Lord of the Night

Postby Andy Hoare » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Lord of the Night wrote:I actually have a question. Is there a subject that another author has delved into that you yourself would want to explore in the future?
Lord of the Night

I was thinking the other day one of my favourite bits of 40k lore is the old sentient Death Worlds thing, and while that's partly been covered I'd love to set a single squad of Space Marines against an entire planet of carnivorous jungle :) Might have to pitch something along those lines...
Andy Hoare

Postby Lord of the Night » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Andy Hoare wrote:
Lord of the Night wrote:I actually have a question. Is there a subject that another author has delved into that you yourself would want to explore in the future?
Lord of the Night

I was thinking the other day one of my favourite bits of 40k lore is the old sentient Death Worlds thing, and while that's partly been covered I'd love to set a single squad of Space Marines against an entire planet of carnivorous jungle :) Might have to pitch something along those lines...

Sentient Death Worlds? Now that is a cool concept, one that definitely deserves a revival. :)

LotN
Lord of the Night

Postby Xisor » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Andy Hoare wrote:
Lord of the Night

Ah yes, cropped up (prominently) in Lyons' Death World as I recall. Did nicely too, I think.

Depending on your opinion of the city, this could be the perfect opportunity to see a BLP novel or two set on the infamous Death World of Birmingham?
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Duke_Leto » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:35 pm

So we now have the release schedule all the way up to Jan 2013 and I cannot see anything by Mr Hoare? What is going on Andy? When will we get some more "Hoare writing war" :)
Duke_Leto

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:54 pm

It could simply be that they haven't been edited yet or something. Or that they will be added in later.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Andy Hoare » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:01 pm

Laurie tells me there's a quite a backlog of releases so I don't expect to get special treatment! Many thanks for your interest though :)
Andy Hoare

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Ask the Authors