Ask... ANTHONY REYNOLDS

A place for you to ask questions of some of the Black Library authors themselves.

Re: Ask... ANTHONY REYNOLDS

Postby Ant Reynolds » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:02 am

shadowhawk2008 wrote:Did I read that right?

Spoiler: There is the possibility of a Possessed Dreadnought?

Definitely. Should be fun to write about at some point, too...
Ant Reynolds

Postby Ant Reynolds » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:05 am

Vivia wrote:And for some that's the most horrific fate imaginable. Looking forward to read the shorty. I couldn't resist to read a tiny bit of spoiler. :P

Hope you like it when you do. I was really pleased with the story, though it did take a re-think and a few additional drafts to make it click.
Ant Reynolds

Postby Lord_Crull » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:19 am

Greetings Mr. Reynolds, if it is not too troublesome for you I would like to bring to attention several inconsistences I read in your Dark Creed novel. (Or things I perceived as inconsistences.)I greatly enjoyed your novel but found things confusing at points.

I have opened up a thread below. I would rather not waste space with a huge post here as my findings are already summarized in said thread.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1357

You can skip to the end to find my summary of said problems in the novel. Any clarification would by greatly appreciated sir. Furthermore, can you clarify when exactly Dark Creed takes place?
Lord_Crull

Postby sam vimes » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:44 pm

Ant Reynolds wrote:

don't suppose this is the warmonger in some form that just plain refuses to stay dead? well half dead
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Herr Reynolds,

Trying to find a reference in Dark Apostle where the daemon-head "decoration" on Word Bearers is given a name: Lacros Sanctum or something but can't find it. Could you set me on the right track?
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Writing that interview for you, I realized something. Curiously, Sor Talgron leads the 34th Company during the Horus Heresy while Marduk leads the 34th Host in M41.

Spoiler: One word: Warmonger?

Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby sam vimes » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:59 am

shadowhawk2008 wrote:Writing that interview for you, I realized something. Curiously, Sor Talgron leads the 34th Company during the Horus Heresy while Marduk leads the 34th Host in M41.

shadow that one word has been ringing for me since I read collected visions and then Dark Apostle
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Lord of the Night » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:Writing that interview for you, I realized something. Curiously, Sor Talgron leads the 34th Company during the Horus Heresy while Marduk leads the 34th Host in M41.

Your a bit late in asking that question. Its been going around since that HH short story was released, and Sir Reynolds (Of Bretonnia) has given us no confirmation. ;)

I say Talgron is indeed the Warmonger though. It makes a lot of sense, though it would also mean that the dedicated Dark Apostle Warmonger once held doubts about the Legion and the Word.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Ant Reynolds » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:15 am

G'day all, been a while since I've lurked around the Bolt Hole - I'll start answering these outstanding questions over the next few days (the internet where I am is currently making me want to throw my laptop out the window). Thanks for your patience!

Ant
Ant Reynolds

Postby Ant Reynolds » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:17 am

[quote="Lord_Crull"]Greetings Mr. Reynolds, if it is not too troublesome for you I would like to bring to attention several inconsistences I read in your Dark Creed novel. (Or things I perceived as inconsistences.)I greatly enjoyed your novel but found things confusing at points.
quote]

Hi there Lord Crull - sorry for the incredibly slow reply. I've replied to you in your other thread.

Cheers!
Ant Reynolds

Postby Lord of the Night » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:43 am

Ant Reynolds wrote:G'day all, been a while since I've lurked around the Bolt Hole - I'll start answering these outstanding questions over the next few days (the internet where I am is currently making me want to throw my laptop out the window). Thanks for your patience!

Ant

Good to see you back Anthony, it's been a while since we've seen anything from you aside from Chosen of Khorne and a few short stories. I actually do have a question about that, can we expect any novels from you in the near future?? Perhaps involving a group of people with a number in their name that is 27 + 7?? ;)

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Ant Reynolds » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:30 pm

sam vimes wrote:
Ant Reynolds wrote:

don't suppose this is the warmonger in some form that just plain refuses to stay dead? well half dead

Spoiler: The Warmonger was pretty much toasted, sadly. I liked him, but it seemed right, and a somewhat noble way to go (at least in his head).

Ant Reynolds

Postby Ant Reynolds » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:38 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:Herr Reynolds,

Trying to find a reference in Dark Apostle where the daemon-head "decoration" on Word Bearers is given a name: Lacros Sanctum or something but can't find it. Could you set me on the right track?

Hey mate. Latros Sacrum. It's described in Dark Apostle the first time we see Burias.
Ant Reynolds

Postby Ant Reynolds » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:39 pm

Quite the coincidence, huh... :D
Ant Reynolds

Postby sam vimes » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:45 pm

I suspected as much Ant I liked him a lot and he did go out in a big way, although here's one for you irc Marduk loses an arm at the end of Dark Creed some how, has he got it reattached? or has chaos give him a mutated arm? and well spotted SH I called that the second I read about Sol in collected visions and then read Dark Apostle

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Ant Reynolds » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Lord of the Night wrote: Good to see you back Anthony, it's been a while since we've seen anything from you aside from Chosen of Khorne and a few short stories. I actually do have a question about that, can we expect any novels from you in the near future?? Perhaps involving a group of people with a number in their name that is 27 + 7?? ;)

LotN

Thanks LotN - yeah, it's been a while - too long - since I've written a novel... I have not exactly been prolific in the last few years. I found it pretty hard to write a lot on top of a fulltime job while still trying to still have a life. Some of the other guys are much better at that than I - fair play to them. However, I've recently quit my job and am currently travelling Asia, so am back working freelance again. Hurrah! So, I'm looking to do lots of writing this year.

I have a few new BL projects on the cards, including a new novel (and ideas for a new series). Too early to talk about any of that, though. I'm also going to try to write a non-licensed fantasy novel this year - something I've been wanted to write for quite a while.
Ant Reynolds

Postby Anakwanar » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:23 am

We need more Marduk - but it would be cool to see how he cope with crushing defeat from the Imperials for example. :mrgreen: He become too understractible, just like Gaunt Ghosts :o
Anakwanar

Postby Liliedhe » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:03 pm

I am listening to Chosen of Khorne... Not completely done yet, but the beginning was extremely haunting.

Spoiler: I found it utterly fascinating how Kharn is reenacting his own first fateful encounter with Angron... Down to parts of the dialogue. That is the action of an abused child - reliving the trauma but reversing the roles. It makes sense of course, as that pivotal moment changed him fundamentally and led him even deeper into the "dark that smelled of blood". Why did you decide on this opening?

"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Ask the Authors