Ask... CHRIS WRAIGHT

A place for you to ask questions of some of the Black Library authors themselves.

Re: Ask... CHRIS WRAIGHT

Postby Jim Shady » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:58 am

Hello Mr Wraight, hope you are well.

My question is....

Spoiler: When Magnus finally came to being back in the universe, he stands in front of the massive statue of Russ and say's he has been waiting for this for what seems like decades to him but it really a thousand years or so. He then mentions that he should not mention where Russ is now and i'm wondering if that's open to debate that he's dead, busy fighting chaos in the eye or he's being held prisoner in either Tzeentch's palace or by one of the other gods.

Ah me lads, ye shud only seen us gannin',
We pass'd the foaks upon the road just as they wor stannin';
Thor wes lots o' lads an' lasses there, all wi' smiling faces,
Gawn alang the Scotswood Road, to see the Blaydon Races
Jim Shady

Postby Lord of the Night » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:05 am

Hello Chris,

Considering that Wrath of Iron is the best of the SMB novel covers, beating Legion of the Damned by a small margin, and has single-handedly made me interested in the Iron Hands for the first time, I simply have to ask you some questions about it.

1. The cover art is brilliant. Did Jon Sullivan just produce it or did you specify what you wanted for it?

2. Is the Terminator present on the cover a character in the novel? Or just a random Terminator?

3. Considering that we know how this campaign ends, with an Iron Hands victory and the purging of 1 in every 3 survivors of the planet as a toll on weakness and complacency, how do you plan on portraying the Iron Hands in their actions and beliefs?

4. Slaaneshi Daemons aren't something that is used widely. What was it like using the Dark Prince's handmaidens as enemies, and could there be a Keeper of Secrets in this novel? Perhaps Zarakynel? The Souleater is very underused, she needs an appearance.

5. Likely this novel will be a success, so do you think that future Iron Hands novels are a possibility?

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:49 am

Don't forget those capering Seekers of Slaanesh either :D
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Lord of the Night » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Hey Chris,

Don't know if you'll see this but i've finished Swords of the Emperor and it was fantastic! I have a few questions, chiefly about the ending though.

Spoiler: 1. Siggurd Leitdorf was a great way to end the duology. My question is about his mother though, and the fey light in her eyes. Is that something to do with Sigmar perhaps? Or could Slaanesh have affected her? I doubt its the latter but the thought popped into my head.

Spoiler: 2. Your introduction says that you'd like to write about Pieter Verstohlen in the future. If you did would the novel or novels be set after Sword of Vengeance? And would there be any chance of a flashback to Leonora's death and Schwarzhelm and he hunting down the corrupted Witch Hunters who did it?

Spoiler: 3. The cultist that Verstohlen interrogated in SoJ, how did it know his name? I thought that Heidegger might be one of the corrupted templars but that wasn't it. Is it that the Daemons there would have been the same Daemons involved in the ritual that the templars performed and would know Verstohlen and his wife because of what happened in it?

Spoiler: 4. When you were writing the novel could you have actually resolved the Elector Crisis in Averland? Or was that something that you could not change?

Thanks in advance for what you can answer, if you happen to see this.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Ask the Authors