A Question For All Authors

A place for you to ask questions of some of the Black Library authors themselves.

Re: A Question For All Authors

Postby Vivia » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:12 am

Mod note:
BL writers aren't all-knowing beings, even those that have been developers such as Gav Thorpe.
Please, treat the authors with respect, the Bolthole forum isn't the place for going "J'accuse" on them.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Uncle Le » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:42 pm

Vivia wrote:Mod note:
BL writers aren't all-knowing beings, even those that have been developers such as Gav Thorpe.
Please, treat the authors with respect, the Bolthole forum isn't the place for going "J'accuse" on them.

As I understand I placed Gav Thorpe (and also Richard Williams and Matthew Farrer) in the short list of those authors who DO KNOW his(theirs) stuff. And I made a point that - certainly - there are others who do know too.

Also I did not use any disrespectful or rough words. Or did I?
Uncle Le

Postby narrativium » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:04 pm

You think 'others who it seems don't bother to do their homework' is respectful?

The authors who continue to write for BL do their homework. They don't necessarily know everything - the universes they write in are sufficiently large and detailed - but they do respect the material. And in some cases, they're establishing deliberate divergences from the background - so you'll have noticed, for example, that the Silver Skulls have their own customs about other things besides progenoid glands. So, before you accuse the authors of not paying attention, make sure you've paid it yourself.

You also implied that the authors owed you an answer. The authors who visit here aren't obligated to answer all or even any questions; they're guests here, and we'd prefer them to prioritise producing more cool books (and paying the rent, etc.) over answering questions.

And finally, your question was asked in a thread which started with other questions, directed at no author in particular; you might want to start a new thread for your question, or ask authors specifically.
narrativium

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Ask the Authors