Black Library Release Calendar

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Re: Black Library Release Calendar

Postby Aristedes Colettas » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:15 am

Anyone know if BL plan on releasing novels for all the Primarchs in the HH Primarchs Series?

Cheers
Aristedes Colettas

Postby Xisor » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:00 am

I'm pretty sure that's their intention, Aristedes.

That I know of, we've got Jaghatai Khan coming in April, and as of late November, David Annandale was finishing off the last passages of Vulkan.

I think the real question is whether there will be 18, 20, or 21 specific novels! :o
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Fenris » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:52 pm

Yep,books for everyone was what they said was going to happen

But no timeline for them

On unrelated notes,today the released a short for yet another "new to BL" author
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Lord of the Night » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:27 pm

Xisor wrote:I think the real question is whether there will be 18, 20, or 21 specific novels! :o

Eighteen for definite, possibly nineteen if Omegon gets his own novel. I doubt there'll be anything for the Missing and the Lost.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Fenris » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:56 pm

I hope there wont be anything about them tbh.
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:24 pm

Btw,i just noticed that they re-added the ability to wishlist stuff on the BL site.

Totally missed it coming back,now i can once again bookmark stuff that i'll buy way too late :cry:
-
Fenris

Postby Squiggle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:02 pm

Fenris wrote:I hope there wont be anything about them tbh.

Me also. Some things should be left unknown
If my mind's the weapon, my heart's the extra clip

Forum Moderator

@sqyiggle
Squiggle

Postby Fenris » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:51 pm

Fabled hero of the Warhammer Old World, Gotrek Gurnisson is reborn and cast into the Age of Sigmar for a brand-new, feature-length audio adventure.

Gotrek Gurnisson was the greatest monster slayer of the age, who met his doom at the End Times. The heroic duardin stepped forth into the Realm of Chaos to fight the daemons gnawing at the world's ending and satisfy his death oath, leaving behind his companion Felix Jaeger. Now Gotrek has returned, having outlived the old gods and the Old World. Spat from the ruinous depths with his redemption unfulfilled, he emerges into the Mortal Realms, a strange new world where gods walk the earth and dark forces are ascendant. Nothing is as he remembers. His oaths are dust, and the lands are torn asunder by Chaos. Yet when Gotrek learns of human champions being elevated to immortality for Sigmar’s fight against this darkness, the so-called 'Stormcast Eternals', he knows why fate has brought him into this new age. To find Felix. For only then can he find the peace in death he seeks. But is there more to Gotrek's apotheosis than even he can fathom? Has he truly been chosen by Grimnir and for what purpose?

This audio drama boxed set contains a four-part story read by a stellar cast, recounting the much anticipated return of Gotrek Gurnisson.

Dont ask me why,because i have no idea,but i'm legit crying right now
-
Fenris

Postby Major Rawne » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:16 am

So Black Library Live 2018 is June 16th and tickets go on sale Saturday. Can't wait!
Major Rawne

Postby Fenris » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:54 pm

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... t-inferno/

Hammer&bolter was a great try at reviving the idea behind Inferno (that sadly,as i expected,got no real follow up with the hike in short stories' prices after it stopped)

Now,this.

BTW

Warhammer 40,000, Warhammer Age of Sigmar, Warhammer Chronicles and Necromunda, from authors old and new.

Does that mean what i think it means?(and yes,i know it's written in the second half,but still...)
-
Fenris

Postby Xisor » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:14 am

I got the impression it might be two that hasn't been published in print before - e.g. the two that went hand in hand with his Strigoi ToL novels, but I'd be very chuffed if they were newly commissioned!

Also: it's very exciting, more generally!
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Major Rawne » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:51 pm

I too am under the impression it isn't new stuff. Also don't forget that BL are currently reprinting a lot of the old Warhammer stuff under this Chronicles banner. But who knows, guess we'll wait an see and if I remember correctly Josh has previously said that some of what he has written never ended up being published.
Major Rawne

Postby Xisor » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:15 pm

Some of what he's written is daft nonsense though.

(I jest. Much if it is daft nonsense, but fortunately it's enjoyable daft nonsense. :lol: )
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Fenris » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:08 pm

This popped up on Amazon.Seems to be the sequel to City of secrets,so most likely a buy from me.

Also what i believe is a reprint of the Sundering trilogy
-
Fenris

Postby Duke_Leto » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:11 pm

So Amazon have this listed...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Victory-Part-G ... hammer+40k

The Victory PART ONE

Now we would obviously get an omnibus for this latest GG arc but "part one". So they are splitting it! I can only assume that means the two anthologies are also going to be included (or at least all the Dan Abnett shorts)
Duke_Leto

Postby Duke_Leto » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:30 pm

Dark Chaplain over on B&C spotted a lot of future releases in Amazon Germany. Included in these are the next three Horus Heresy Books and subsequent speculation for UK releases...

Slaves to Darkness (Horus prepares for the Assault on Sol system and Terra) - John French (August)

Titandeath (battle of Beta Garmon - chronologically before StD) - Guy Haley (October)

Doom of the Desthguard (DG head towards Terra as vanguard but disappear enroute, follows StD) - James Swallow (December)

I would say that is a pretty exciting line up for HH and indicates that the Siege of Terra is likely to be the whole of 2019.
Duke_Leto

Postby Aristedes Colettas » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:19 am

Praise to Guy Haley

Wow!!!! Finished Dark Imperium by Guy Haley. I must say 10/10 that’s three in a row to Guy “the Machine” Haley from Dante to Devastation of Baal and now Dark Imperium all three perfection personified. This one had everything. A plethora of Space Marine Chapters, Sisters Of Silence, Adeptus Custodes. Loved all the Daemons and especially Mortarion.

Perusing the internet I noticed many forthcoming Guy Haley novels. For HH Wolfsbane, Beta Garmon, Corax for Primarch series and a Dark Imperium II.
Can’t wait.

Now back to the Horus Heresy and Reading Angels Of Caliban by Gav Thorpe.

Cheers
Aristedes Colettas

Postby Aristedes Colettas » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:21 am

Sorry Posted to wrong post above lol
Aristedes Colettas

Postby Fenris » Sat May 12, 2018 12:45 pm

New AoS heralds the return of Gotrek - and he's LOUD. Voiced by he one and only Brian Blessed...

So,this came from warhammer fest...
-
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Sun May 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Fenris wrote:
New AoS heralds the return of Gotrek - and he's LOUD. Voiced by he one and only Brian Blessed...

So,this came from warhammer fest...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... logSun1400

And now official
-
Fenris

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events