Black Library Release Calendar

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Re: Black Library Release Calendar

Postby Fenris » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:36 pm

Finally,paperback Asurmen

That also means they have lowered the price for the ebook version down to the realm of "i can justify buying it"
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Xisor » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Fenris wrote:Finally,paperback Asurmen

That also means they have lowered the price for the ebook version down to the realm of "i can justify buying it"

Ooh, I'd forgotten that'd happen!

Also: Watchers in Death is out today. (a variation from the norm that might give us "Watchers of Death"!)
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Lord of the Night » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:34 pm

The Realmgate Wars series has also started it's paperback serialisation. I will still wait for the inevitable omnibus editions though.

Also Crusaders of Dorn by Guy Haley is out, however I offer this warning for anybody considering purchasing it. It is a total of 180 pages long, short even by Black Library's current standards. And yet it costs as much as a full 400 page novel. :evil:

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Fenris » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:21 pm

It lives
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Duke_Leto » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:19 pm

This might be premature but I am getting excited about the next year or so of Black Library sparked in part by the summer of reading shorts and what we know about forthcoming novels and how it certainly does appear that BL have been allowed to move away from purely promoting the table top game and models.

Next year we have the Chris Wraight inquisitor novel and we also have David Annandale's Adeptus Titanicus novel.

The summer of reading shorts include an Adeptus Titanicus short by Annandale so I wonder if that is a preview short connected to the novel (makes sense).

If so then John French's The Purity Of Ignorance could be a precursor to a new Inquisition novel or series about the Horusian Wars (nice).

And maybe, just maybe, with a fair wind and a drying up of Marvel commissions, the fact that we are also getting The Keeler Image could just possibly mean that Penitent is not too far off? Please! Pretty please!
Duke_Leto

Postby Major Rawne » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Duke_Leto wrote:And maybe, just maybe, with a fair wind and a drying up of Marvel commissions, the fact that we are also getting The Keeler Image could just possibly mean that Penitent is not too far off? Please! Pretty please!

Warmaster first! However he seems rather stocked on DC work at the moment :cry:
Major Rawne

Postby Duke_Leto » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:24 am

Major Rawne wrote:
Duke_Leto wrote:And maybe, just maybe, with a fair wind and a drying up of Marvel commissions, the fact that we are also getting The Keeler Image could just possibly mean that Penitent is not too far off? Please! Pretty please!

Warmaster first! However he seems rather stocked on DC work at the moment :cry:

Oh I would be happy for Warmaster first too!

Actually Matthew Farrer has posted a pic this week on Twitter showing his laptop with the Space Marine Battles novel Urdesh on the screen. That surely must mean that Abnett has finally written or is writing Warmaster and therefore Farrer is able to progress with the tie in SMB book!

If so then 2017 could be the best Black Library year for some time.
Duke_Leto

Postby reds8n » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:16 am

http://www.blacklibrary.com/shrike-remind-me.html

new -- limited edition -- shrike book.
reds8n

Postby Fenris » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:24 pm

Seems this is back into being a thing
-
Fenris

Postby Major Rawne » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:22 pm

IT's HAPPENING!!!

Black Library Live 2016

Got my ticket booked, now to find a hotel.

Confirmed guests so far are:
Mark Clapham
L J Goulding
Guy Haley
Nick Kyme
Josh Reynolds
Gav Thorpe
Chris Wraight

Which amounts to the usual suspects really, but it's nice to see both Josh and Mark on the billing.

New releases expected to be there are:
Nagash: The Undying King by Josh Reynolds, a new Warhammer Age of Sigmar novel
Tyrant of the Hollow Worlds by Mark Clapham, a Space Marine Battles novel
Fabius Bile: Primogenitor by Josh Reynolds (YAY! Fabulous Bill in 40K)

And with the site stating that there would be more to come I wouldn't at all be surprised if we saw a Heresy release sneak in there.
Major Rawne

Postby Lupercalifragilistic » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:30 pm

Major Rawne wrote:Which amounts to the usual suspects really, but it's nice to see both Josh and Mark on the billing.

My first time at a BL event on the bill (as opposed to popping into Games Day to chat to colleagues and lurk around) and my first visit to Warhammer World full stop, so should be fun.

Mark
Lupercalifragilistic

Postby Duke_Leto » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:10 pm

Lupercalifragilistic wrote:
Major Rawne wrote:Which amounts to the usual suspects really, but it's nice to see both Josh and Mark on the billing.

My first time at a BL event on the bill (as opposed to popping into Games Day to chat to colleagues and lurk around) and my first visit to Warhammer World full stop, so should be fun.

Mark

Mark what is Tyrant of the Hollow Worlds about?
Duke_Leto

Postby Lupercalifragilistic » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:48 pm

Duke_Leto wrote:Mark what is Tyrant of the Hollow Worlds about?

Not sure what I am allowed to say yet but it's based on an event on the 40K timeline.
Lupercalifragilistic

Postby Lord of the Night » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:54 pm

Duke_Leto wrote:

Mark

Mark what is Tyrant of the Hollow Worlds about?

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Third_P ... f_Lastrati

Pretty sure it's about that. Another source calls them The Hollow Worlds of Lastrati.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Lupercalifragilistic » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:33 pm

Lord of the Night wrote:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Third_P ... f_Lastrati

Pretty sure it's about that. Another source calls them The Hollow Worlds of Lastrati.

LotN

You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

You might also think that events as described in various codices might not exactly reflect the events as described in a novel... especially when thanks to the vagaries of publishing time scale the novel was devised on the basis of a previous iteration of the rules.

I couldn't possibly comment.
Lupercalifragilistic

Postby Lord of the Night » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:04 pm

Lupercalifragilistic wrote:You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

I think the term is "I can't say."

Lupercalifragilistic wrote:You might also think that events as described in various codices might not exactly reflect the events as described in a novel.

Oh of course. My personal view, and I believe it is shared by some of the authors, is that the various codices and rulebooks describe the Imperium's official version of events, the record if you will, and what they state is what happens on the record. The novels are the behind the scenes truth and what happened off the record.

LotN
Lord of the Night

Postby Duke_Leto » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:58 pm

Not sure what I am allowed to say yet but it's based on an event on the 40K timeline.

Understood but based on what LOTN linked to (thanks LOTN) sounds interesting. If you pull is off Mark then you should pitch a Badab War series!
Duke_Leto

Postby Fenris » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:52 pm

-
Fenris

Postby Lord of the Night » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:19 am

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/Le ... ults-A5-HB

The Genestealers are getting their own Legends novel... by Peter Fehevhari.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0pEb0YOFUI

0:09 is my reaction. YAAAAY!!! :D :D :D

Overjoyed to see that Fehevhari isn't done with Black Library and vice versa. Will be picking this up immediately next Saturday, will mean going overbudget on books a bit, but it's Fehevhari so it's not as if not buying it is an option.

LotN
Lord of the Night

Postby Xisor » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:55 am

Brilliant news!

Excellent to see he's still at it.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events