Black Library Release Calendar

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Re: Black Library Release Calendar

Postby Fenris » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:25 pm

The most inhuman of Space Marines, the Carcharodons Astra, engage the Night Lords on the prison world of Zartak.

On the prison world of Zartak, darkness has fallen on Arbitrators and inmates alike. The Night Lords have come, and with them the shadow of fear and pain. However, the Chaos Space Marines are not the only faction with deadly designs. From the void, running on silent, another fleet emerges. Its warriors are grey-clad and white-faced, and their eyes are as black as the Outer Dark… they are the savage Carcharodons Astra.

Blurb for the Space sharks novel (i'll never spell the high gothic version of their name right :P )

Also,seems the follow up novel to Curse of Fenris will start being pushed out soon as a "a chapter at a time" digital to be repacked in a single volume later this year

Same author for both btw
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:13 pm

Change the above "SOON" into "TODAY"

First chapter is out and,like with the latest novels-turned-subscriptions,the first chapter is avaiable for free
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Shaggy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:39 am

I know that John French can be a bit imposing in person when he wants to be, but I think he overdid it with the Amazon crew this time! :lol:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Praetorian-Dorn-Horus-Heresy-French/dp/1784964379?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref_=pe_2632571_125687781_em_1p_4_ti
In defeat, malice.
In victory, revenge.

My lifeform type is tee tee hatch nex ool
Shall we do rishathra?
Shaggy

Postby Fenris » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:04 pm

I have this feeling that the book will be about vindicating Sigismund's choice back in Crimson Fist :)
-
Fenris

Postby Lord of the Night » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:20 pm

Fenris wrote:I have this feeling that the book will be about vindicating Sigismund's choice back in Crimson Fist :)

From what I understand the focus of the novel is the "Ghost War" between the Imperial Fists and the Alpha Legion. There has been some info on it recently;

Solar War wrote:Solar War is a big conflict. A fortress with two walls. One is guarded by the Emperor (Webway) and the other (Solar system) by Dorn.

Mars is traitor held but they are isolated and blockaded on the planet.

The re-conquest of Mars is a battle which truly matters. The Solar system is the grave yard of untold dead empires etc. Fleets destroyed / artificial worlds / Dark age of technology worlds etc. – the defence of the Solar System is difficult as enemies are within and without.

Saturn and Jupiter have lots of moons which have their own mini empires – as do the planets (case and point Furious Abyss) each has their own agenda. Loyalties are complicated.

The Hives on Terra could be sided with the traitors – not all, but some. Has to Pacify the enemies (some could be the Alpha Legion as it is their specialty).

“Can Horus attack from multiple angles?”

“Dorn is loyalist Warmaster in all but name.” He has to analyse everything. If a force goes dark have they been destroyed or have they changed loyalties?

People fleeing into the Solar System from the greater Imperium.

Ghosts Speak Not: Traitors at the front door and people not knowing about it. All about how to be on guard against terrorist activities and espionage. Dealing with the Alpha Legion etc.”They will keep adding the pressure until Terra cracks.” Someone will attack and another attacking force will learn from their mistakes etc.

Dorn knows Horus is coming but not sure how, so has to guess Horus’ moves. Did he send ships to test defences as feints?

Essentially Dorn is fighting a war on a million fronts, every single civilian on Terra is a potential agent of the enemy (especially the refugees from other systems) and every single house is a potential gathering place for traitors. He has to deal with the Dark Mechanicum which are firmly in control of Mars, the empires on Jupiter and Saturn whose complicated loyalties will obviously not fly in this new era of mistrust, the fact that he cannot know who on Terra is actually loyal and who is just pretending (if he loses contact with someone have they turned or been destroyed?), the Alpha Legion utilizing the methods of the hydra's heads in full swing here (thousands of different cells, or heads, and each one operates on it's own. One attacks, succeed or fail the others will learn from it and become more dangerous), and the fact that he has no idea how Horus is actually going to come at him, so his job of fortifying the Imperial Palace and the Sol System is as much guesswork as it is preparing for every eventuality and building as much all-purpose defence as he can.

In short: Dorn has a hell of a job ahead of him.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Neverborn » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:22 pm

I don't know what the general consensus is, but I've been a touch disappointed over the last couple of years in the lack of cool new books that BL have made available at events like the Weekenders. I was pleased to see then that the GW/FW stand at Salute had both books 5 and 6 of the Beast Arises series.

With a number of authors starting to open up on social media about what they're writing or have just written, things are starting to point to at least a partial return to not just the sort of release pipeline we saw up to a couple of years ago, but also a much more open approach to communications and actually getting books into fans' hands.

Looking forward to getting stuck into Echoes of the Long War soon :)

NB.
Neverborn

Postby Lord of the Night » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:01 am

Neverborn wrote: I was pleased to see then that the GW/FW stand at Salute had both books 5 and 6 of the Beast Arises series.

Looking forward to getting stuck into Echoes of the Long War soon :)

NB

So freakin' jealous. Wonder if some copies will crop up on eBay.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Major Rawne » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:40 pm

Just managed to pick up the new Roboute Guilliman: Lord of Ultramar novella before the 1pm sale time. Looking forward to what they do with in this series.
Major Rawne

Postby Lord of the Night » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:01 pm

New releaes for 30/04/16: The Silent War, Damnos, Deff Skwadron (Graphic Novel), and Death of the Old World (Omnibus)

http://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/p ... ebook.html

http://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/p ... ebook.html

http://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/p ... ld-pb.html

http://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/p ... on-hb.html

Silent War is a must for me. And I will try to get Damnos from my local Travelling Man along with World Engine and War for the Fang at 3 fo the price of 2.

LotN
Lord of the Night

Postby Robbie MacNiven » Tue May 31, 2016 11:59 am

Lord of the Night wrote:So on that note, we must all make Carcharodons: Red Tithe one of our purchases this year and show BL that we want more Non-First Founding stuff.

As the author it'd be terribly biased of me to comment... but what the heck, I'll do it anyway! I convinced the editors I thought there was a market for the Space Sharks. If they sell it could be part of a trilogy, and if that is in turn successful it increases the chances of non-Space Marine stories. It's not just a policy of "everyone must write about Marines" - author marketability also plays a part. If a writer has both good ideas and the sales figures to back it up then theoretically nothing is off limits in terms of subject matter.
Robbie MacNiven

Postby Lord of the Night » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:27 pm

While perusing Goodreads I found us all a nice surprise, four new 40k novels, two omnibuses and one novella confirmed for next year.

Space Marines Battles: Calgar's Siege by Paul Kearney wrote:https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30753547-calgar-s-siege?ref=ru_lihp_up_rs_4_mclk-up3206283923

Marneus Augustus Calgar, Chapter Master of the Ultramarines, must survive the siege of Zalathras if he is to defeat the greenskin hordes of Warlord Brug.

Marneus Augustus Calgar is the Lord of Ultramar, one of the greatest realms of the Imperium. As Chapter Master of the Ultramarines, he leads one of the most prestigious and powerful Space Marine Chapters devoted to the defence of Mankind. In him, the blood of the Primarch Guilliman runs still. When Calgar receives a summons to the world of Zalidar he is unaware, as are the world's inhabitants, that it is under attack by the Ork Warlord Brug. When his vessel is shot down, Calgar and his Honour Guard must trek across Zalidar's jungle through ork-held territory to reach the city of Zalathras. A terrible siege ensues against a vast greenskin horde. Only Calgar can hope to prevail against such odds in a brutal conflict that gives rise to a legend that will last for eternity...

Vaults of Terra: The Carrion Throne by Chris Wraight wrote:https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30753525-vaults-of-terra?ref=ru_lihp_up_rs_10_mclk-up3206281106

Inquisitor Erasmus and his acolyte Spinoza root out a shadowy conspiracy on Holy Terra itself, the capital world of the Imperium.

In the hellish sprawl of Imperial Terra, Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Erasmus serves as a stalwart and vigilant protector, for even the Throneworld is not immune to the predations of its enemies. In the course of his Emperor-sworn duty, Erasmus becomes embroiled in a dark conspiracy, one that leads all the way to the halls of the Imperial Palace. As he plunges deeper in the shadowy underbelly of the many palace districts, his investigation attracts the attention of hidden forces, and soon Erasmus and his acolyte Spinoza are being hunted – by heretics, xenos, servants of the Dark Powers, or perhaps even rival elements of the Inquisition itself. They eventually discover a terrible truth, one that if allowed to get out could undermine the very fabric of the Imperium itself.

Ahriman: The Omnibus by John French wrote:https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30753526-ahriman?ref=ru_lihp_up_rs_9_mclk-up3206281587

Omnibus containing all three novels in the Ahriman trilogy - Ahriman: Exile, Ahriman: Sorcerer and Ahriman: Unchanged - as well as eight additional short stories.

The name Ahriman has lived in infamy ever since the galactic war of the Horus Heresy. The greatest sorcerer of the Thousand Sons, and protege to the primarch Magnus the Red, Ahriman's deepest flaw is hubris. His mistaken belief in casting the Rubric to cure his Legion of their curse has seen him exiled. Though spurned by his kin, Ahriman has not given up on his quest to restore his brothers from the fleshless husks they have become, and he will brave the worst horrors of the galaxy, and the Eye of Terror itself, to obtain the knowledge to achieve it. For to bring about salvation, Ahriman must risk his own further damnation and the wrath of his primarch.

Warlord: Fury of the God-Machine by David Annandale wrote:https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30753538-warlord?ref=ru_lihp_up_rs_8_mclk-up3206281943

The mighty Warlord Titans of the Adeptus Titanicus go to war against the forces of Chaos.

The Battle Titans of the Adeptus Titanicus are towering war engines, striding to war as holy effigies of the Omnissiah, and the mighty Warlord Titans are the most renowned among all the forces of the Imperium of Man. Their weapons bring righteous death to the alien and the heretic alike, and the merest glimpse of them on the march has stalled entire planetary rebellions. But as the galaxy burns before the rampaging hordes of Chaos, it will take more than any one single Titan Legion to hold the line...

Forges of Mars by Graham McNeill wrote:https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30753544-forges-of-mars-omnibus?ref=ru_lihp_up_rs_5_mclk-up3206283533

Omnibus edition of all three novels in the Forges of Mars trilogy - Priests of Mars, Lords of Mars and Gods of Mars - as well as an additional short story.

The Martian Mechancius's thirst for knowledge is insatiable, and when Archmagos Lexell Kotov learns of an ancient expedition that went in search of the very source of life in the universe itself, he immediately assembles a powerful Explorator fleet to follow in its footsteps. Not only does Kotov have the powerful engines and warriors of the Adeptus Mechanicus to call upon, even the troops of the Imperial Guard and the vaunted Space Marines join his crusade. The way, however, is treacherous and fraught with perils both within and without the fleet. There are marvels and wonders at the edge of known space, discoveries beyond price, but there are those who believe the secrets of the universe should stay hidden and beings there who pose a danger not only to the fleet but to the Imperium itself.

Space Marine Legends: Shrike by George Mann wrote:https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30753545-shrike?ref=ru_lihp_up_rs_6_mclk-up3206283238

Across many campaigns, Kayvaan Shrike of the Raven Guard pursues his nemesis, the ork warlord Gorkrusha.

Vaunted warrior of the Raven Guard, Shrike has ascended the ranks of this most mysterious and deadly brotherhood all the way to Chapter Master. He is a legend amongst his battle-brothers, one that began humbly enough in the wilds of Kiavahr. Shrike has fought and bested many foes, but one in particular, the Ork Warlord Gorkrusha, dogged him throughout many campaigns. From veteran to Shadow Captain, Shrike clashed with his old nemesis time and again, determined to bring about a final reckoning and bloody vengeance to the greenskin.

Dante by Guy Haley wrote:https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30753457-dante?ref=ru_lihp_up_rs_7_mclk-up3206282888

The untold origin story of Chapter Master Dante of the Blood Angels, one of the Imperium's greatest heroes.

Dante is Chapter Master of one of the noblest but most troubled Chapters of Space Marines in the Imperium: the Blood Angels. From the time of his birth in the rad-scarred wastes of Baal Secundus, he was destined for glory and strife. From his apotheosis to Scout, to the hive cities of Armageddon and the alien menace of the Cryptas system, Dante has waged war against all the enemies of the Imperium. He has witnessed the divine, and struggled against the darkness within all sons of Sanguinius. Longer lived than any other Chapter Master, this is his chronicle, his great and storied legend.

Hell of a line up. My thoughts:

Calgar's Siege sounds like a fun outing, especially with Paul Kearney as the author and for the fact that Marneus Calgar is always just the guest star when the Ultramarines get novels. Will definitely be picking this one up.

Vaults of Terra: The Carrion Throne. I. F**KING. LOVE. THIS. Finally we get to really see Terra in 40k, and the potential for a series based around various adventures and characters on the Throneworld?! Absolute genius!! Whoever it is at BL that came up with this, thank you very much. Will 100% be getting this on release day.

Warlord: Fury of the God-Machine. Another fantastic idea, the Titans are a brilliant and underused part of 40k and anything that puts them in the spotlight gets a big thumbs up from me. Will definitely be getting this one.

Ahriman: Omnibus and Forges of Mars: Omnibus. I already own both of these in single novels so there's no need for me to get them. But as always it's good to see the best series of BL getting their collected releases so that others can pick them up. Would recommend both of these highly.

Shrike. The novella of the bunch, clocking in at 240 pages (apparantly). Ironic but if this were any other author I would say hell no to what will obviously be another £30 novella, but I LOVE George Mann's Raven Guard. No author has ever come even slightly close to being as good as writing the RG as he is in my opinion. Mann truly understands what makes the RG tick and how they would fight, and it makes for a truly different Space Marine reading experience. Will be getting this as well.

Dante. The origin of the Lord of the Angelic Host, without a doubt this will be a day one purchase for me. Dante has always been a figure that has interested me, and it's disappointing that he gets such little time compared to other Blood Angels heroes, when in reality he's one of the absolute best heroes the Astartes as a group have. Just please Sir Haley, don't bring the Harlequins into this. I don't want to see Dante and the entire Sanguinary Guard get their asses handed to them by one Shadowseer.

Looks like BL will be starting 2017 off strong.

LotN
Lord of the Night

Postby Duke_Leto » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:36 pm

Vaults of Terra - The Carrion Throne!!!!!!

Now THAT is what I am talking about! At last Black Library are moving away from war zones and front line and giving The Inquisition some love. It's about time and it has been too long.

Awesome news.
Duke_Leto

Postby Fenris » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:23 pm

If they release Watchers in death from the beast arise tomorrow,they'll do it the same day they open the preorder for the new Deathwatch codex

If they do it next week,it'll be the day they release the codex.

Sneaky GW :lol:
-
Fenris

Postby Major Rawne » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:47 pm

Fenris wrote:If they release Watchers in death from the beast arise tomorrow,they'll do it the same day they open the preorder for the new Deathwatch codex

If they do it next week,it'll be the day they release the codex.

Sneaky GW :lol:

Got my fingers crossed.
Major Rawne

Postby Lord of the Night » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Black Library & Warhammer Digital - Calgar's Siege

Black Library wrote:Marneus Augustus Calgar is the Lord of Ultramar, one of the greatest realms of the Imperium. As Chapter Master of the Ultramarines, he leads one of the most prestigious and powerful Space Marine Chapters devoted to the defence of Mankind. In him, the blood of the Primarch Guilliman runs still. When Calgar receives a summons to the world of Zalidar he is unaware, as are the world's inhabitants, that it is under attack by the Ork Warlord Brug. When his vessel is shot down, Calgar and his Honour Guard must trek across Zalidar's jungle through ork-held territory to reach the city of Zalathras. A terrible siege ensues against a vast greenskin horde. Only Calgar can hope to prevail against such odds in a brutal conflict that gives rise to a legend that will last for eternity...

Black Library wrote:One of Marneus Calgar's many feats from the Space Marines Codex involves holding a gate single-handed against a horde of orks. For the first time, get the whole story…

This story sounded great before I read the second quote, but I didn't realize it was about that famous incident. One of the most known feat of Marneus Calgar, second only to when he murdered an Avatar single-handedly. Might just be picking this one up on release day.

And,

Horus Heresy Book 37, Praetorian of Dorn by John French, now has a confirmed release date of August 27th. So in three weeks we'll be able to pre-order the newest Horus Heresy novel with Dorn vs Alpharius all over the cover.

Buuuut...

John French Book Signing ? Warhammer World

If you happen to be in the Nottingham area on the 19th around 4pm-7pm, you can drop into Warhammer World for free and pick up an early release copy, and get it signed by John himself.

So i'm super-freaking jealous as it would cost me £100 to get to Nottingham, so obviously I won't be taking advantage of this... anyone here lucky enough to be capable of going?

LotN
Lord of the Night

Postby Shaggy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:21 am

Lord of the Night wrote:Horus Heresy Book 37, Praetorian of Dorn by John French, now has a confirmed release date of August 27th. So in three weeks we'll be able to pre-order the newest Horus Heresy novel with Dorn vs Alpharius all over the cover.

Buuuut...

John French Book Signing ? Warhammer World

If you happen to be in the Nottingham area on the 19th around 4pm-7pm, you can drop into Warhammer World for free and pick up an early release copy, and get it signed by John himself.

So i'm super-freaking jealous as it would cost me £100 to get to Nottingham, so obviously I won't be taking advantage of this... anyone here lucky enough to be capable of going?

LotN

I'm local, so can try... I work in Chesterfield (finishing at 5:30pm or later) so usually get home by about 6:30pm... Warhammer World is usually only a 10 minute or so drive, so IF traffic cooperates, I'll pop in and see about picking one up for you.
In defeat, malice.
In victory, revenge.

Shall we do rishathra?
Shaggy

Postby Lord of the Night » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:22 pm

Shaggy wrote:I'm local, so can try... I work in Chesterfield (finishing at 5:30pm or later) so usually get home by about 6:30pm... Warhammer World is usually only a 10 minute or so drive, so IF traffic cooperates, I'll pop in and see about picking one up for you.

Oh, wow. I wasn't actually fishing, was just asking whose lucky enough they can go. But if you aren't going out of your way I won't say no to such a kind offer. :)

LotN
Lord of the Night

Postby Dennis the Hamster » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:46 am

Lord of the Night wrote:
Shaggy wrote:I'm local, so can try... I work in Chesterfield (finishing at 5:30pm or later) so usually get home by about 6:30pm... Warhammer World is usually only a 10 minute or so drive, so IF traffic cooperates, I'll pop in and see about picking one up for you.

Oh, wow. I wasn't actually fishing, was just asking whose lucky enough they can go. But if you aren't going out of your way I won't say no to such a kind offer. :)

LotN

It's also worth giving the WHW store a ring and asking if they can put a signed copy aside for you in case you're a little late.

Gav
www.gavthorpe.co.uk
Facebook - Gav Thorpe
Twitter - DennisHamster
Check out my Angry Robot titles too! http://angryrobotbooks.com/our-authors/gav-thorpe/
Dennis the Hamster

Postby Shaggy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:12 am

Lord of the Night wrote:Oh, wow. I wasn't actually fishing, was just asking whose lucky enough they can go. But if you aren't going out of your way I won't say no to such a kind offer. :)

LotN

Stick, wrong end, one, for the use of... :oops:
(but I'll try anyway - will PM you about getting it to you)

Dennis the Hamster wrote:It's also worth giving the WHW store a ring and asking if they can put a signed copy aside for you in case you're a little late.

Gav

Sage advice, sir - I thank you.
(wonder if they'll reserve two... :) )
In defeat, malice.
In victory, revenge.

Shall we do rishathra?
Shaggy

Postby Lord of the Night » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:09 am

Shaggy wrote:Stick, wrong end, one, for the use of... :oops:
(but I'll try anyway - will PM you about getting it to you)

The meaning of this saying escapes me.

Thanks Shaggy, if you can't though it's not a big deal. :)

LotN
Lord of the Night

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events