Black Library Release Calendar

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Re: Black Library Release Calendar

Postby Fenris » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:45 pm

They started the preorders for The beast arise,with a preorder discount

http://www.blacklibrary.com/the-beast-arises

121€ for 12 ebooks....Considering they say thats the price of 10 books without the discount that means 12€ each...At recent GW prices,i expected worse
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Pyroriffic » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:43 pm

Fenris wrote:Reprint of Daemon world and the Stormclaw tie-ins,and the first print of the latest Silver skull novel (since it was digital only so far if i'm not mistaken)

You're not mistaken.
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Pyroriffic

Postby Major Rawne » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:39 pm

One thing mentioned over the weekend at Convention Secundus is that BL are sat on a number of Heresy stories that are just waiting to be released out into the world. It's expected that over the next few months a veritable glut of Heresy will come flooding out now that Betrayal at Calth has been released (the game being the reason that it's been held back until now).
Major Rawne

Postby Fenris » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:56 am

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-product ... ebook.html

Sigh

"Let's change the cover and slap the IOS game's title on it...Who cares that most knights in the story (every knight in it bar one if you go count them) AREN'T EVEN FREEBLADES"

:|

Before realizing all the above,i was hoping this was going to be a follow up on the novella
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Lord of the Night » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:23 am

Fenris wrote:http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/knights-of-the-imperium-ebook.html

Sigh

"Let's change the cover and slap the IOS game's title on it...Who cares that most knights in the story (every knight in it bar one if you go count them) AREN'T EVEN FREEBLADES"

:|

Before realizing all the above,i was hoping this was going to be a follow up on the novella.

That is bloody pathetic. Repackaging a story with a new cover, on a sub-topic that the novella doesn't even include, rather than having a new one written. Laziness and cheapness.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Vivia » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:04 pm

Hm, that's worrisome, I hope this isn't a sign of something worse. Well, I'll for sure get the Skully and Darkblade novel soon, even if it's in hardback. :/
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Xisor » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:03 pm

Vivia wrote:Hm, that's worrisome, I hope this isn't a sign of something worse. Well, I'll for sure get the Skully and Darkblade novel soon, even if it's in hardback. :/

It certainly is. To an extent. They're seemingly under the pull of the spreadsheets. It needn't necessarily weaken the fiction, but they're publishing model definitely sounds to be 'what will most conveniently sell more models?'.

I understand there was talk of just repackaging Mark of Calth (or similar) rather than commissioning a dedicated Betrayal at Calth book(s).
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Vivia » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:17 am

Just because I feel this may be a sign of something worse it doesn't I mean I want to be the local doom sayer. As it is currently, I'm boycotting this publisher, I'm only feeling generous because of my love for the writers.
I'm sniffing the air for signs of sneaky price "adjustments" and reprints to compensate for something else in the coming future.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Darke » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:12 pm

Any updates as to whether the Paul Kearney Dark Hunters novel will be re-issued with a new title?
Darke

Postby Xisor » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:28 pm

Darke wrote:Any updates as to whether the Paul Kearney Dark Hunters novel will be re-issued with a new title?

There's been mention of an 8 month round trip from final draft to release - so, how long since the court ruling? That'd be earliest, at a guess.

Vivia wrote:Just because I feel this may be a sign of something worse it doesn't I mean I want to be the local doom sayer. As it is currently, I'm boycotting this publisher, I'm only feeling generous because of my love for the writers.
I'm sniffing the air for signs of sneaky price "adjustments" and reprints to compensate for something else in the coming future.

By my reckoning, it's symptomatic of the 'tightening of belts' - even so long since 2008, it's long been said that the effects would take a while to manifest.

Dodgy decision making, from my perspective - but then I am far from being an expert of this sort of thing. What I do know is the Ad Mech books were right up my straza. Age of Sigmar is a bit bonkers still, but i'm keen to see what emerges when the dust settles. Bear in mind - whatever they're doing now, it's versus the former baseline of 'three novels a month'.

Edit: totally just became a shameless double poster. Then a shamefilled one.

"Responsibility found realisation in resolution."
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Darke » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:52 am

There are news reports that the original Dark Hunters book run was pulped in April/May of this year - so if you figure 8 months, then we should be seeing something December/January if it's really being re-released.
Darke

Postby Dorian » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Any rumours when the second Deathwatch novel of Steve Parker is going to be released? I need more Lyandro Karras, Maximmion Voss, Siefer Zeed, Ignatio Solarion, Darrion Rauth and Chyron in my life.
Wyrd bið ful aræd.

We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things.

If the world is at peace then it means someone is planning war.
Dorian

Postby Death Nikorps » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:17 pm

Steve Parker said the second Deathwatch novel was cancelled. Yep, it's sad.
All new Black Library titles & covers here:

===> https://twitter.com/blacklibrarium <===

Black Library upcoming books 2018
;)
Death Nikorps

Postby Fenris » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Death Nikorps wrote:Steve Parker said the second Deathwatch novel was cancelled. Yep, it's sad.

:(

I really loved his DW and was waiting for that
-
Fenris

Postby Shaggy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:45 pm

Death Nikorps wrote:Steve Parker said the second Deathwatch novel was cancelled. Yep, it's sad.

What???

VERY unhappy if that's true!
In defeat, malice.
In victory, revenge.

My lifeform type is tee tee hatch nex ool
Shall we do rishathra?
Shaggy

Postby Death Nikorps » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:00 am

I have no direct source, but someone who spoke with him about it told me the bad news. Don't know exactly why.

Anyway, Steve Parker is more concerned about his bodybuilding than writting, I guess. (and he is impressive)

So, I suppose it's true.

As consolation I can give you this:

Reprint - July 2016

Some synopsis (series spoiler):

The Beast Arises VI: Echoes of the Long War by David Guymer (May 2016):

Paralysed by the continued ork invasion of Imperial space, the rulers of Terra continue to fight among themselves. Finally losing patience with the High Council, Koorland ousts the Lord Commander and seizes control. Elsewhere, the Fists Exemplar are forced by circumstance to fight alongside the Iron Warriors. Where will such an alliance lead – can a Traitor Legion ever be trusted?

The Beast Arises VII: The Hunt for Vulkan by David Annandale (June 2016):

Tearing itself apart from within, the Imperium is still virtually powerless to resist the ork advance. When the Adeptus Mechanicus reveal they have discovered the orks’ point of origin, the Adeptus Astartes start to gather their forces for a massive assault on their enemy’s home world. But what the Imperial forces need is a figurehead, a hero from legend to lead them – a primarch. Meanwhile, on the planet Caldera, a mighty armoured warrior fights tirelessly against the orks – is he the saviour the Imperium seeks?

And the name of the 9th The Beast Arises series book:

- Watchers in Death => August 2016 but I don't know who is the author.

This series start this Saturday with I Am Slaughter by Dan Abnett. 12 month, 12 books, 240 pages each, 12,99£/15,95€/17,5$ for hardback versions.
All new Black Library titles & covers here:

===> https://twitter.com/blacklibrarium <===

Black Library upcoming books 2018
;)
Death Nikorps

Postby Xisor » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:59 am

Death Nikorps wrote:

I have no direct source, but someone who spoke with him about it told me the bad news. Don't know exactly why.

Anyway, Steve Parker is more concerned about his bodybuilding than writting, I guess. (and he is impressive)

So, I suppose it's true.

As consolation I can give you this:

That's almost the opposite of consolation!

Though, keeping with that theme, I keep coming back to this wish/daydream about McNeill's Ventris in The Chapter's Due.

Spoiler: That is that I wish he'd died. Simply that, a sort of endgame that he Graham tries to prelude in TOD, but for Ventris - to beat the big invasion, Ventris has to sacrifice himself in a critical military gamble. Learchus survives and takes over the company, Pasanius takes over as the series' main character: Learchus's Command Squad Veteran. You could do some cracking little characterful stories there, especially if you mix in some Chapter politics too.

It's stuff that McNeill's Ultramarine stories are well suited for - a bit like his Of Mars novels - a slightly meandering go-nowhere action-packed soap opera. Fixate on Pasanius and have him beore of an agent than a military leader. Learchus' slightly erratic wild card. Hell, I always wanted to see Uriel actually go back to the Deathwatch, but it'd be great to see Pasanius sent off instead. Especially if it was to rejoin Uriel's old team!

Obviously not how it was written, but I'd love to see it done that way. Perhaps one day if they farm it out a bit in the Gotrek and Felix style to other authors...

xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Fenris » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:10 pm

Still on the fence wregarding the I'm slaughter stuff

On one hand,it has IFs in it (I spent money on Sons of Dorn,that should say it all),the setting could be interesting and the authors are good all around for the books we know of so far

On the other hand...It's still a 12 books serie and nothing grants it will be on an even level from start to finish.And the price is....Well,BL price....

P.s: the answer to the questin in that book synpsis is obviously NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE
-
Fenris

Postby Vivia » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:52 pm

Holy guacamole, that's grim. I mean, he was talking about the working process on FB. :|
Upset feelings. It's been a rough day.
Vivia

Postby reds8n » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:02 am

I really hope the above isn't true.

Especially as it seems the DW will be in the Beast Arises saga.

anyway :

There are just three days to go until The Beast Arises event series begins. Today, we can reveal the artwork from two future covers in the series.

A grim looking Space Marine of the Deathwatch hoists a heavy bolter and a Sister of Silence charges into battle. Could we be seeing the origins of the Deathwatch and the reason the Sisters of Silence are no longer around in Warhammer 40,000?

There's only one way to find out. Subscribe to The Beast Arises to guarantee that you're amongst the first to read (or listen to) every book in the series – and if you pre-order before Saturday, you'll get all 12 for the price of 9!
reds8n

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events