Black Library Release Calendar

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Re: Black Library Release Calendar

Postby Rob P » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Stupid question but is it a novel or novella? Looks like it could be either from the pic.

edit: Forget it; apparently the app says it's a LE novella
Rob P

Postby Fenris » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:53 am

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-product ... n-mp3.html

Spoiler: Guess we'll be able to say "goddamnit Mannfred" again

Also,Nagash on a speaking role
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Death Nikorps » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:29 am

The Beast Arises book 1 cover

:)
All new Black Library titles & covers here:

===> https://twitter.com/blacklibrarium <===

Black Library upcoming books 2018
;)
Death Nikorps

Postby Fenris » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:04 pm

Fenris wrote:Probably some IF getting killed on the first cover :P

Eh...
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby reds8n » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:52 pm

http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heres ... ng-le.html

The Wolf King is back in action. Chris Wraight continues the saga of Leman Russ in a new novella, and for the first time, it's available simultaneously in Limited Edition and eBook formats. Choose either the lavish hardback or the digital download and join the battle on Friday 2nd October.

THE STORY
The Space Wolves were set upon by the forces of the Alpha Legion before they had even recovered from the Razing of Prospero – hounded to the edge of the Alaxxes Nebula, in desperation Leman Russ called out to his primarch brothers for aid. None came. Now, with their fleet stranded and supplies dwindling, the warriors of the Rout face almost certain death amidst the rust-red clouds of the nebula. But what a glorious end it shall be, worthy of the sagas of old, and Alpharius’s sons will soon learn that a cornered wolf is always the most deadly...

READ IT BECAUSE
Find out what Russ did next... This novella bridges the gap between 'Scars' and 'Vengeful Spirit' and sees Russ make some hard decisions in the name of victory...
reds8n

Postby revelation » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:07 pm

E-book format too. Nice!
revelation

Postby groovysl » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:26 pm

revelation wrote:E-book format too. Nice!

The ebook is £19.99!
groovysl

Postby Xisor » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:39 pm

:(

I believe the TLA for this is FFS.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Fenris » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:36 pm

The price for the ebook is crazy,nothing more nothing less.

Things are reaching beyond stupidity levels at this point
-
Fenris

Postby David Earle » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:05 am

I can't. I can't! I'm tapped out. At least that damn "only 3,000 copies" rule won't get me this time.
Check out my blog!

"David is very very old, but also slow, he creeps up behind you without you noticing and then just as his non-breath fails to be felt against your neck he pounces and gives you an informative post." - schaferwhat‽

Ogunzhar lives!
David Earle

Postby revelation » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:08 pm

groovysl wrote:

The ebook is £19.99!

Yeah that's pricey for an ebook. At least you get the illustrations with the ebook too, if that's any consolation.
revelation

Postby David Earle » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:09 am

revelation wrote:
groovysl wrote:

The ebook is £19.99!

Yeah that's pricey for an ebook. At least you get the illustrations with the ebook too, if that's any consolation.

You explicitly do not get those illustrations.
Check out my blog!

"David is very very old, but also slow, he creeps up behind you without you noticing and then just as his non-breath fails to be felt against your neck he pounces and gives you an informative post." - schaferwhat‽

Ogunzhar lives!
David Earle

Postby Fenris » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:42 am

David Earle wrote:

Yep.That makes it even more.....bah...
-
Fenris

Postby revelation » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:17 am

David Earle wrote:

There's definitely some illustrations in the ebook version. I'm not sure if they are the exact ones in the print version and if it contains the same amount of illustrations as the print version though. I didn't read the fine print on BL's website.

The cover art is in there too. It's not a very high res version of it though.

edit: Ok I didn't see this: "Please note that the eBook edition of 'Wolf King' does not include the additional colour content from the limited edition"

There are a handful of illustrations in the ebook version though. Given the above, I'm assuming they aren't the same as any that are included in the print special edition. That's a shame given the price.
revelation

Postby reds8n » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:53 am

£25 is alright with me.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/the-beast-arises.html

formal announcement of the M32 stuff.
reds8n

Postby Fenris » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:34 pm

*IF eye engaged*

So going by the resumes,almost wiped out in the first book,can't say i'm surprised

And then back to Phall in the forth...

It seems the IF part in these will be greater than i expected (truth to be told,i expected the almost-wiped in book one and then nothing else,so besting my expectations wasnt hard :D ).

Anyway,waiting to see what price they go for the books,then i'll decide if i'm going to get them or not,seeing the latest shenanigans i expect the worst
-
Fenris

Postby reds8n » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:39 am

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/the-ho ... easer.html

The next Horus Heresy novel: First Look14/10/15
What’s next for the Horus Heresy? You lot ask us that all the time, and it’s so rare that we can tell you (the shadowy Heresy loremasters keep their secrets well…). But we have something to show you today… We’ve managed to gather scraps of a new piece of art by Neil Roberts, which will adorn the cover of next novel in the Horus Heresy series. We’ve managed to discern three details…

1 – An Imperial Fist. Literally. That’s a big fist in the yellow of Dorn’s sons. So it looks like there’s going to be some VII Legion action…

2 – Death from above. Lots of it. But what Legion do they belong to? We’re squinting to see, but we can’t quite make it out.

3 – Definitely Imperial Fists… and Ultramarines? Fighting side by side, it seems. Just what is going on here? We don’t know yet, but sign up for a reminder and you'll be amongst the first to know when new details are revealed, and once the new novel goes on sale.
reds8n

Postby Fenris » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:58 am

So,unless they managed to once again teleport imperial fists around the galaxy,this will follow up on Unremebered Empire i guess

Also

The fact that Polux is in it (that's his PF,according to the FW model...Well,he has a left handed pf on the miniature but w/e) helps placing the story there
-
Fenris

Postby Lord of the Night » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:33 am

Horus Heresy Books 33 (For definite) and 34 (I think) have been confirmed;

Pharos by Guy Haley will be a continuance of the Sotha plotline established in The Unremembered Empire and his short story A Safe and Shadowed Place. The Dramatis Personae includes; Alexis Polux, Barbaras Dantioch, the Ultramarines, the Imperial Fists, the Night Lords, Roboute Guilliman, and Konrad Curze.

War Without End by Various Authors will be an anthology featuring entirely new short stories about Imperium Secundus, in the same vein as Mark of Calth. The cover, in my opinion, seems to be a loyalist version of Legacies of Betrayal.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby revelation » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:26 am

Awesome. I like Guy Haley's stuff. I think it's underrated. Looking forward to reading Pharos.
revelation

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events