Black Library Release Calendar

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Black Library Release Calendar

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:31 pm

April
Baneblade - Guy Haley New Imperial Guard novel by new-to-BL author Haley. Trade paperback.
Deathwatch - Steve Parker A Talon Squad novel. Trade paperback
Burden of Duty/Grey Angel - James Swallow/John French Two new Horus Heresy audio dramas
Elves - Graham McNeill A new omnibus, containing the High Elf books by Graham..
Gilead's Blood - Dan Abnett/Nik Vincent Trade paperback reprint.
Gilead's Curse - Dan Abnett/Nik Vincent Sequel to the above. Trade paperback
Horus Heresy: Betrayer - Aaron Demsbki-Bowden The new Trade Paperback format of the novel.
Horus Heresy: Mark of Calth - Laurie Goulding New HH anthology, released as a hardback exclusive.

May
Second Soul Drinkers Omnibus - Ben Counter Collects the second trilogy and the Daenyathos LE novella.
Headtaker - David Guymer Warhammer Heroes novel about Skaven warlord Queek Headtaker. Trade paperback
Fist of Demetrius - William King The second Solar Macharius novel. Hardback.
Angel of Fire - William King The first Solar Macharius novel. Trade paperback reprint.
Ascension of Balthasar - C Z Dunn Dark Vengeance prequel audio drama.

June
Best of H&B Vol.2 - Various Collecting issues 13-26 of the eZine.
Ahriman: Exile - John French Print version of the book. Trade paperback.
The Emperor's Gift - Aaron Dembski-Bowden Trade paperback reprint.
Skarsnik - Guy Haley Warhammer Heroes novel about Goblin warlord Skarsnik. MMPB
Mission: Purge - Gav Thorpe Deathwatch Audio Drama.
Blighted Empire - C. L. Werner Second Black Plague Time of Legends novel.

July
Horus Heresy: Angel Exterminatus - Graham McNeill Mass Market format of the novel.
Seventh Retribution - Ben Counter New Imperial Fists novel about Darnath Lysander.
G&F: Lost Tales - Various New G&F anthology. Trade paperback.

August
Horus Heresy: Mark of Calth - Various New HH anthology, released in trade paperback format.
Vulkan Lives - Nick Kyme Horus Heresy. Hardback.
Space Marine Omnibus - Various Contains the Victories, Treacheries and Legends of the Space Marines anthologies.
Priests of Mars - Graham McNeill Trade Paperback reprint.
Lords of Mars - Graham McNeill Second Mechanicus novel. Hardback
Death of Integrity - Guy Haley New SMB novel about Blood Drinkers and Genestealers.
Orion: Tears of Isha - Darius Hinks Second Orion novel. Trade paperback.

September
Horus Heresy: Betrayer - Aaron Demsbki-Bowden Mass Market format of the novel.
Crusade of Wrath - Various Anthology style audiobook?
Iron Guard - Mark Clapham Phsyical reprint. Mordian Iron Guard.

October
Censure - Nick Kyme Horus Heresy audio drama.
Malodrax - Ben Counter Space Marine Battles. Captain Lysander/Imperial Fists.
City of the Damned - David Guymer New Gotrek & Felix novel. Trade paperback.

November
Vulkan Lives - Nick Kyme Horus Heresy. Trade Paperback.

December
There Is Only War - Christian Dunn Massive 896pp anthology. Reprint of an older anthology.

February
Horus Heresy: Mark of Calth - Various Mass market format.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Re: Black Library Release Calendar

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:34 pm

I would dearly love to know what Valkia the Bloody and The Butcher's Nails are about :)

Edit: 2012 is looking to be a really stellar year with Legion of the Damned, Fear To Tread, Emperor's Gift and all the other offerings. Incidentally, is it just me or is Graham really busy for the next year and half? :lol:
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Postby BL-Christian » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:43 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:I would dearly love to know what Valkia the Bloody and The Butcher's Nails are about :)

It's just Butcher's Nails and it's a Horus Heresy audio drama.
BL-Christian

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:45 pm

BL-Christian wrote:It's just Butcher's Nails and it's a Horus Heresy audio drama.

You gotta give more than that :D

Actually now that I think about it, is this perhaps an Angron-related audio drama?

shadowhawk2008

Postby Tyrant » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:45 pm

I can't see Treacheries of the Space Marines on the list.....
My Facebook writing page. Like it, it's awesome!

My Twitter page.

Cytheria

Valerion

I think Valerion could stand toe-to-toe with the best of Gaunt's Ghosts. I loved it. Gundi Da Grot

The sense of threat that permeates the entire piece is fantastic. xrayex

Tash'shi is made of win and awesome. Raziel4707
Tyrant

Postby BL-Christian » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:47 pm

Tyrant wrote:I can't see Treacheries of the Space Marines on the list.....

There is an audio drama and a Horus Heresy book currently missing from that list. TotSM is scheduled for a later release date as we snuck in some more anthos in the meantime.
BL-Christian

Postby Major Rawne » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Lots of lovely books to look forward to.
Major Rawne

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:50 pm

Lots of anthologies and omnibuses coming out in the next year. It's gonna be a really good year to get into reading Black Library stuff :)

The Hammer & Bolter Collection particularly makes me happy!

@Christian
Will perchance there be copies of Aurelian up for sale at GDUK alongside Promethean Sun?

shadowhawk2008

Postby BL-Christian » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:53 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:@Christian
Will perchance there be copies of Aurelian up for sale at GDUK alongside Promethean Sun?

Can't confirm 100% but extremely likely on both counts.
BL-Christian

Postby Xisor » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Awesome lineup. My initial thoughts on The Great Betrayal was a full HH Salamanders book, but actually it being the first of the War of Vengeance (not the beard!) books makes sense to me.

Butcher's Nails were the words used to describe the 'surgeries' carried out on Angron's planets gladiator slaves and himself. And, then, his legion. I'd be surprised if this were different.

Wraith of Iron is surely Chris' rumoured Iron Hands book, no?

All told, it looks quite exciting. Though it strikes me that Heresy books are a bit thin on the ground, aren't they? Know No Fear To Tread is only two books! Perhaps The Great Betrayal or Wraith of Iron will be HH era? Wraith sounds plausible for 'remnants' of the Iron Hands. Revenants, perchance.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:59 pm

BL-Christian wrote:

Can't confirm 100% but extremely likely on both counts.

Christian, you are my hero!

Xisor wrote:Awesome lineup. My initial thoughts on The Great Betrayal was a full HH Salamanders book, but actually it being the first of the War of Vengeance (not the beard!) books makes sense to me.

Butcher's Nails were the words used to describe the 'surgeries' carried out on Angron's planets gladiator slaves and himself. And, then, his legion. I'd be surprised if this were different.

Wraith of Iron is surely Chris' rumoured Iron Hands book, no?

All told, it looks quite exciting. Though it strikes me that Heresy books are a bit thin on the ground, aren't they? Know No Fear To Tread is only two books! Perhaps The Great Betrayal or Wraith of Iron will be HH era? Wraith sounds plausible for 'remnants' of the Iron Hands. Revenants, perchance.

I thought the same about the Kyme book, but then reconsidered.

That's why I asked if it was an Angron-related book. The term fits him quite well.

Ah hell, totally forgot that bit about Chris! I was almost on the right track thinking it was a Necron-related novel. But it makes more sense if it ties in with the Iron Hands and the Necrons.

4 Heresy books (Graham, Dan, James and another writer) in all. Not quite as much as I would like to have :) but ah well. Them's the breaks.

shadowhawk2008

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:09 pm

@Christian

Will the H&B collection be download only or will it be a paperback? I kinda assumed already it was a paperback :?

shadowhawk2008

Postby Duke_Leto » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Wait a minute...I cannot believe that:

A) Thorn & Talon - Dan Abnett - Dec 2011 - £15:00 - is missed from the list (it is on the BL site)

B) That nobody is psyched about what that must be!!!!

Clearly this is something to do with Eisenhorn and Ravenor. Could it be the long awaited anthology of short stories about these guys and their respective agents?

But the price is strange. Hmmmm...

Christian - spill the beans.
Duke_Leto

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Thorn and Talon wasn't up when I posted the list :)

It is being added now though!

shadowhawk2008

Postby Pyroriffic » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Will the H&B collection be download only or will it be a paperback? I kinda assumed already it was a paperback :?

Just to answer this on Christian's behalf, because I checked with him earlier...

Many, poor innocent trees will die to bring you this publication.
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Pyroriffic

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:04 pm

We shall plant new ones! Or get those tree-eating dudes from Battlefield Earth (the novel, not the movie) to come and machine-gun plant a few million in the Sahara.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:09 pm

If you click on the individual titles, you can see if they are fantasy, HH or whatever. At least, you can see it now. So some of those questions should be answered.

And I'm immeasurably excited by some of these titles... Especially the World Eaters thingy... *wanna have* *channels petulant three year old*
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Xisor » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:10 pm

As many as Necromunda Omnibus 1? Because I like my forests condensed to coffee-table size. (As in the size of a decent coffee table, what were you thinking?)

Also, I am jacked about Thorn and Talon. I wonder if it'll be similar plot, or if Dan's sidelined that (for now). Interesting nonetheless! I don't know why, but I rather like it when things change like that. Kinda similar feeling of 'liking it' to when I went to the GP once and he had to look up a textbook before diagnosis. Something oddly reassuring about that sort of thing, makes you think they're actually paying attention to it. (Because if it didn't happen like that, I would think Dan's just lazing about in house-coat and smoking cap saying to Nik "What drivel shall I scribble so we can get back to that exuberant life-of-leisure". Much like my opinion of GPs who don't consult books!)

Moreover: hold-the-phone, Pyro! What's all this about a second book. I thought this was all an elaborate jape, but you're a serious author. My worldview is completely shattered today! :lol:

(Though, looking over the post, my now-booted-out-the-window worldview didn't seem too worthwhile anyway!)

Finally, Liliedhe: You are a genius compared to us intellectually-barren wretches. (That's you and I, SH!)
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Liliedhe » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:13 pm

I'm merely a terminally curious person who always clicks links^^.

Oh, and it's Wrath of Iron, not Wraith. And if it will be about the Iron Hands, I very much hope they'll be more sympathetic as they were in their last novel. They were certainly interesting, but I couldn't care about them. At all. :roll:
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:22 pm

I have updated the list. Thanks Liliedhe :)

shadowhawk2008

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events