New BL Artwork

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

New BL Artwork

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:15 pm

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/BL/b ... 7/Void.jpg

That ladies and gents in the cover art for Void Stalker, third in the Night Lords trilogy by Aaron Dembski-Bowden.

Cheers for both John Sullivan (the artist) and for Aaron. That is some amazing stuff. Someone is about to have a really, really bad time.

The artwork also reminds me of Batman, for obvious reasons I hope :P

The BL blog says there will be more new artwork released soon enough. Keep an eye out here as well for that folks.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Re: New BL Artwork

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:38 pm

It's a shame that the second trilogy of Night Lords novels have been put back in favour of the legion most Black having the awesome pumped into them by ADBs violent fist of writing because First Claw got some decent cover art action going on fo shizzle peeps you feelin' it dawgs?
schaferwhat‽

Postby groovysl » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:12 pm

schaferwhat‽ wrote:It's a shame that the second trilogy of Night Lords novels have been put back in favour of the legion most Black having the awesome pumped into them by ADBs violent fist of writing because First Claw got some decent cover art action going on fo shizzle peeps you feelin' it dawgs?

I was with you for the first two thirds of that, and would tend to agree, the last 7 words lost me completely.
groovysl

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:17 pm

don't be hating just because I am street.
schaferwhat‽

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:24 pm

groovysl wrote:I was with you for the first two thirds of that, and would tend to agree, the last 7 words lost me completely.

You have to read it a few times ;)
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Postby Xisor » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:46 pm

Why does Schafe carry an umbrella?

Fo' drizzle.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby groovysl » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:59 pm

schaferwhat‽ wrote:don't be hating just because I am street.

Ahah, I have just used Google and a site called urbandictionary explained it all, yep I agree ;)
groovysl

Postby Major Rawne » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:47 pm

I love it when new artwork is released to the masses. I am really digging the skull in the background, though I can't help but feel as a whole there could be a bit more green to it.
Major Rawne

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:16 am

Major Rawne wrote:I love it when new artwork is released to the masses. I am really digging the skull in the background, though I can't help but feel as a whole there could be a bit more green to it.

Green is the colour of will!

shadowhawk2008

Postby Duke_Leto » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:01 am

schaferwhat‽ wrote:don't be hating just because I am street.

I fort u ment u IS street innit! :D
Duke_Leto

Postby Major Rawne » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:02 am

shadowhawk2008 wrote:Green is the colour of will!

Only if your a Green Lantern.

It just seems that the first two books have a clear and distinct colour scheme, and this one doesn't seem quite so distinct. Anyway the real important thing is the story inside as to opposed to how awesome the cover is, though it is still pretty darn awesome.
Major Rawne

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:10 am

Major Rawne wrote:
shadowhawk2008 wrote:Green is the colour of will!

Only if your a Green Lantern.

It just seems that the first two books have a clear and distinct colour scheme, and this one doesn't seem quite so distinct. Anyway the real important thing is the story inside as to opposed to how awesome the cover is, though it is still pretty darn awesome.

Crossovers man!

Anyways, agreed, the colour schemes were clear/distinct for the previous two books but perhaps the indistinct colour for this represents some theme within the novel?

shadowhawk2008

Postby Xisor » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:16 am

What's not distinct about it? That's the tealest cover I've ever seen.

I'm not a huge fan, all told. It's nice enough, but it doesn't have much to grab me. Which is nice, because there's no chance in hell this book's not going to be bloody awesome.

Speaking of which, it's the big day for A D-B and Miss Brunt today. Hooray!
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:48 pm

shadowhawk2008

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:32 pm

I am completely speechless at all of this.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/BL/b ... /07/LS.jpg

Shadow Captain Koryn of the Raven Guard. Artist: Hardy Fowler. Audio Drama: Labyrinth of Sorrows by George Mann.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/BL/b ... 7/huss.jpg

Luthor Huss. Artist: Cheoljoo Lee. Luthor Huss by Chris Wraight.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/BL/b ... 07/BA2.jpg

Blood Angels Tactical Marine. Artist: Clint Langley. Blood Angels Second Omnibus by James Swallow.

My first thought was, that's a fething Chaos Marine!!!

shadowhawk2008

Postby Major Rawne » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:49 pm

They a pretty sweet. Though I particularly like the Raven Guard.
Major Rawne

Postby Mossy Toes » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:55 pm

Mhhh, Raven Guard captain.
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Geradin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:15 pm

One thing that makes me wonder is if that little perch there really has the structual integrity to support several tons. I personally don't think so, so wondering just what is stopping that marine from plunging to death.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. If you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. - Friedrrich Nietzsche
Geradin

Postby Pyroriffic » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:44 am

Hardy Fowler's Space Marines are my absolute favourite. The Doom Eagle from the front of Victories of the Space Marines is just wunnerful. Innit.
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Pyroriffic

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:18 am

They are not ostentatious, that's for sure. Perhaps that's the attraction of them. I love the Koryn simply because he is Raven Guard (my favourite legion/chapter). Of the three new ones however, my absolute favourite is the Blood Angel.

shadowhawk2008

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events