Ath's BL Book Bonanza

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Ath's BL Book Bonanza

Postby Athelassan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:11 am

I recently moved house and brought a few hundred books with me. After a couple of trips to IKEA I had, as of 10.30 tonight, unpacked all of them and arranged them on bookcases. But then, something caught my eye. Under that sketch pad, was that more books?

I confess, I should have known better. Clearly my subconscious brain had been trying to tell me something. That box had been left untouched for a reason. But like that girl in the beginning of every horror movie, I just couldn't help myself. I walked over to the box, lifted the sketch pad, and what greeted my eyes?

My reaction to this was essentially a realisation I've been flirting with for many months now - that I'm basically done with GW fiction to any meaningful extent. My interest in the Heresy petered out a while ago after a number of mediocre novels, the increasing granularisation of the story content into expensive limited editions, and changes to the 40K setting making the whole thing seem a bit redundant. As far as fantasy goes, I have no interest in Age of Sigmar and with no future for the WHF setting, there's no point having all this stuff cluttering up the place unless I want it for its own sake.

So I'm having a bit of a clearout, and will be getting rid of quite a lot of my BL fiction. I'll hang onto some of it, the stuff I genuinely like and anything personally signed by the author for me (the two overlap). But most of the rest will be going. This is not without some regret but I think it's for the best.

Before they get put on ebay, I will make them available to Boltholers, as a tribute to my affection for the community as a whole. I may ask for a contribution towards postage if the packages are large/heavy but otherwise they are free of charge.

My collection comprises the vast majority of WHF fiction and all the Heresy novels up to Damnation of Pythos as well as some limited editions, event special editions, and so forth. As I get it organised I will photograph and post them here to indicate what I have but if anyone has any specific requests at this point let me know. Although some of the books were acquired second-hand and so are a little battered, most of them are in excellent condition and could probably be sold as new by an unethical bookshop. As I say, I will hang onto some of it regardless (anything by Chris Wraight, William King, CL Werner and Jack Yeovil will almost certainly be staying).

Ath
Athelassan

Re: Ath's BL Book Bonanza

Postby Lord of the Night » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm

I'd be interested in any of the following if you have them:

Ancient Blood by Robert Earl
The Florin and Lorenzo Omnibus by Robert Earl
The Corrupted by Robert Earl
Curse of the Necrach by Steven Savile
Masters of Magic by Chris Wraight
Time of Legends: Master of Dragons by Chris Wraight
The Ambassador Chronicles by Graham McNeill
Death's Messenger/City/Legacy by Sandy Mitchell (I already have these but my copies are terrible ragged, would love to get a better condition trilogy)
Slaves to Darkness trilogy by Gav Thorpe

Also Cadian Blood by Aaron Dembski-Bowden if you've got any 40k in there.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Squiggle » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi Ath,

I have messaged you. A few books I will happily find a home for!
If my mind's the weapon, my heart's the extra clip

Forum Moderator

@sqyiggle
Squiggle

Postby Athelassan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:45 pm

I will reserve the following for you, LotN:
Lord of the Night wrote:Ancient Blood by Robert Earl
Curse of the Necrach by Steven Savile
The Ambassador Chronicles by Graham McNeill
Death's Messenger and Death's City by Sandy Mitchell

I don't think I have The Corrupted but if it turns up I will add it to the list.

Some of the others I don't have, and one or two I plan to keep. The two Sandy Mitchell novels aren't in quite as good shape as most of the rest, as I initially acquired them second-hand, but they are still pretty respectable.

Some of the above are at my parents' house and may take a couple of weeks to collect. I'll let you know when I have them all together and make the dispatch arrangements.

Ath
Athelassan

Postby Lord of the Night » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Athelassan wrote:Some of the others I don't have, and one or two I plan to keep. The two Sandy Mitchell novels aren't in quite as good shape as most of the rest, as I initially acquired them second-hand, but they are still pretty respectable.

Some of the above are at my parents' house and may take a couple of weeks to collect. I'll let you know when I have them all together and make the dispatch arrangements.

Ath

Awesome! Thanks Ath! I'll take good care of them. :)

There is one I forgot if you've got it, Warrior Priest by Darius Hinks, i've been looking for that too.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Athelassan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:01 pm

LotN, I have not forgotten about your requests, but I accidentally put Curse of the Necrarch up on ebay. I'm not sure how that happened as I thought I had separated out all your requests from the rest of the pile. I must apologise.

Anyway, the auction is still live and can be seen here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Curse-of-the ... 2594998707

I have a few other books up for auction at the moment and will be adding more as I can motivate myself to do so. So for those looking to snap up some OOP fantasy novels, watch my auctions!

Ath
Athelassan

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events