Front and Centre - a forum regeneration

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Re: Front and Centre - a forum regeneration

Postby Athelassan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:52 pm

schaferwhat‽ wrote:With "Warmaster" out at the weekender is it worth for the blog pushing through reviews of the Ghost series to date before it comes out?

I have too many other things on my to read pile to commit to them all but I'll pick up a novel or two either for a review of it on my own or to have some sort of discussion review with other people.

I would actually be happy to do reviews of some of the early Ghosts books. Whether people would appreciate my take on them is another matter. I'm aware some of my views about them are not popular.

Ath
Athelassan

Postby Duke_Leto » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:29 pm

schaferwhat‽ wrote:With "Warmaster" out at the weekender is it worth for the blog pushing through reviews of the Ghost series to date before it comes out?

I have too many other things on my to read pile to commit to them all but I'll pick up a novel or two either for a review of it on my own or to have some sort of discussion review with other people.

As most folks know I am rereading the entire GG and related Sabbat Worlds books (in combined chronological order) in prep for Warmaster. A kind of box set binge if you like!

Never actually written a book review before and not sure I would be any good to be honest. I also wouldn't be confident about writing a review for each book. However, I could take a crack at writing a sort of review of the series as a whole?

Just finished Blood Pact (see my Warmaster and Urdesh thread) and about to start Salvation's Reach. After that there are just a few Abnett written shorts from the anthology and I am done.

Will see if I can find some time in the coming weeks to write something and see if it is remotely readable.
Duke_Leto

Postby Squiggle » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:52 am

Sounds good to me. More the merrier. Going to try and get the blog post on Dark Imperium up today
If my mind's the weapon, my heart's the extra clip

Forum Moderator

@sqyiggle
Squiggle

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:23 pm

A planning thread for the Ghosts review project so as not to clutter this thread up more.

May be an idea to do other ones in the members area to arrange other content producing plans as part of our bringing people into the Bolthole thing.
schaferwhat‽

Postby Squiggle » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:07 pm

So I have put up the competition in the relevant forum.... don't all jump at once ;)
If my mind's the weapon, my heart's the extra clip

Forum Moderator

@sqyiggle
Squiggle

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events