Peter Fehervari Interview

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Peter Fehervari Interview

Postby Hachiko » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:14 am

Hi all-
I know I haven't posted in forever. My reading time and review activity have been cut down to nearly nothing by...well, by life.

But anyway, I'm really psyched to announce the second interview with the BL's best author (at least in my opinion) Peter Fehervari. There's only a few questions, but I think he returns some really deep, insightful answers. Plus, he's a great guy overall.

Check it out, I'd really appreciate it.

http://hachisnaxreads.blogspot.com/2016/11/hachisnax-interviews-second-peter.html

And, in case you missed the first interview with PF, you can read it here:

http://hachisnaxreads.blogspot.com/2015/05/hachisnax-interviews-peter-fehervari.html
Hachiko

Re: Peter Fehervari Interview

Postby Xisor » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:41 pm

Amazing, Hachiko! I'm mid-way through his Cults at the moment; very much look forward to listening to these!
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Hachiko » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:31 pm

Xisor wrote:Amazing, Hachiko! I'm mid-way through his Cults at the moment; very much look forward to listening to these!

Thanks for the vote of confidence...but sorry, it's just text interview.... :(

Hope you're enjoying Cults. Are you moving on to Cast a Hungry Shadow after, or did you read that already?
Hachiko

Postby Xisor » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:00 pm

Hachiko wrote:
Xisor wrote:Amazing, Hachiko! I'm mid-way through his Cults at the moment; very much look forward to listening to these!

Thanks for the vote of confidence...but sorry, it's just text interview.... :(
Well, I'll do the voices myself! :D

Hachiko wrote:Hope you're enjoying Cults. Are you moving on to Cast a Hungry Shadow after, or did you read that already?

I haven't yet, so will likely get to it after. (Unless it's worth interrupting with [I did that a few chapters onto Scars with Brotherhood of the Storm and did not regret it!])
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Hachiko » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:40 am

Well, I'll do the voices myself! :D

Please assign me a deep voice, or something Morgan Freeman-y. For a big dude I've been cursed with a pretty weak voice.

I haven't yet, so will likely get to it after. (Unless it's worth interrupting with [I did that a few chapters onto Scars with Brotherhood of the Storm and did not regret it!])

I'd definitely read it after....that's what PF recommended as well. Cast a Hungry Shadow takes place between the Prologue of GC and Chapter 1.

It actually focuses on the early Spiral Dawn (after the corruption of Sister Etelka) against a Chaos cultist faction (which are amazingly dark and badass).
Hachiko

Postby Duke_Leto » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:20 pm

Having read the short and the Genestealer Cults I can honestly say that Fehervari has propelled himself straight into my top 5 BL authors. He is now in the esteemed company of Abnett, ADB, Farrer and Wraight having pushed out French (who I suspect can regain his place with his forthcoming Inquisition novel).

Now need to track down a copy of Firecaste. Just goes to show never judge a book by the cover. I had no interest in Firecaste and had folks on here and other sites not recommended it I might have passed on Genestealer Cults too as it just looked like a tie in novel for the codex...which totally undersells how good it is!
Duke_Leto

Postby Duke_Leto » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:24 am

Confess to only just reading part one of this interview. Really good stuff. One paragraph totally sums up the reason I passed by on Firecaste and really regret it (trying to track down a reasonably priced paperback is proving hard)...

Peter Fehervari...

If you buy a book called ‘Fire Caste’ you expect a story focussed on tau warriors fighting courageously for the Greater Good, hopefully with some insights into their culture along the way. What you definitely don’t expect is a story about the Imperial Guard going insane along a river haunted by ghosts, daemons and fungoid mutants to cheer them along. Hell, this isn’t even a regiment you’ve ever heard of! And anyway, is this the kind of story that’s even appropriate for a 40K tie-in?

In other words it had the wrong title!!! I had no interest in a book about the Tau!

EDIT: I have said this on another thread but it appears PF is the victim of a duff marketing team at BL. His novels have been wrongly titled and marketed which is a huge shame. Interesting to see that the paperback edition of Genestealer Cults is getting a new title!!!!
Duke_Leto

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events