Black Library Live 2016

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Re: Black Library Live 2016

Postby Lord of the Night » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:33 pm

I have a question for anyone whose been to BLL before. The event starts at 9.00am, is that when the BL store will be open as well? Or does that open at 10.00am?

I ask because i've decided to get the Fabius Bile LE edition after seeing both how gorgeous it is and that it has an exclusive short story in it. But i'm wondering if being an hour late to the festivities means i'll miss out on the first chance to grab stuff.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Major Rawne » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:50 pm

BL store is normally open right away. It's like shopping time before the main event.
Major Rawne

Postby Lord of the Night » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:34 pm

Major Rawne wrote:BL store is normally open right away. It's like shopping time before the main event.

Hm that's a shame. Hope all the LEs aren't gone by the time I get there.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Dorian » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:34 pm

Lord of the Night wrote:Hm that's a shame. Hope all the LEs aren't gone by the time I get there.

LotN

I can get the Fabulous Billy LE for you if you want.
Wyrd bið ful aræd.

We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things.

If the world is at peace then it means someone is planning war.
Dorian

Postby Lord of the Night » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:54 pm

Dorian wrote:I can get the Fabulous Billy LE for you if you want.

T'would be glorious of you Dorian, thanks very much. :D

(I'll be carrying cash so I can reimburse you straight off.)

LotN
Lord of the Night

Postby Dorian » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:39 pm

Lord of the Night wrote:T'would be glorious of you Dorian, thanks very much. :D

(I'll be carrying cash so I can reimburse you straight off.)

LotN

No big deal. Gotta help out a fellow Boltholer, Loveheart, Cabal and ADB fan. Heh
Wyrd bið ful aræd.

We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things.

Dorian

Postby Lord of the Night » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:32 pm

So with only a week to go before we're all in Nottingham, is there a plan for Boltholers to meet up during the event? I know most of you are going to be there for the weekend and Friday, but as i'm only there for the day i'm wondering if there is a plan for a meet up?

LotN
Lord of the Night

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:49 pm

I'll probably have a petition in my hand trying to get signatures to stop Josh Reynolds writing any more books. If I don't commit to the joke I'll post a description of what I'm wearing so you can collar me. It is sort of hard at the event because everybody will be wanting to do stuff and it is always a bit odd coming up to people and asking if you know them off of the internet (I've started to skip that, I assert that I know them off the internet and refuse to acknowledge any claims of theirs that I don't know them).
schaferwhat‽

Postby Major Rawne » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:10 pm

schaferwhat‽ wrote:I'll probably have a petition in my hand trying to get signatures to stop Josh Reynolds writing any more books. If I don't commit to the joke I'll post a description of what I'm wearing so you can collar me. It is sort of hard at the event because everybody will be wanting to do stuff and it is always a bit odd coming up to people and asking if you know them off of the internet (I've started to skip that, I assert that I know them off the internet and refuse to acknowledge any claims of theirs that I don't know them).

You'll be easy to find, you're big bearded bloke.
Major Rawne

Postby Xisor » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:23 pm

Major Rawne wrote:
schaferwhat‽ wrote:I'll probably have a petition in my hand trying to get signatures to stop Josh Reynolds writing any more books. If I don't commit to the joke I'll post a description of what I'm wearing so you can collar me. It is sort of hard at the event because everybody will be wanting to do stuff and it is always a bit odd coming up to people and asking if you know them off of the internet (I've started to skip that, I assert that I know them off the internet and refuse to acknowledge any claims of theirs that I don't know them).

You'll be easy to find, you're big bearded bloke.

I am Alpharius.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Dorian » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:59 pm

Lord of the Night wrote:So with only a week to go before we're all in Nottingham, is there a plan for Boltholers to meet up during the event? I know most of you are going to be there for the weekend and Friday, but as i'm only there for the day i'm wondering if there is a plan for a meet up?

LotN

I could either hold up your copy of Fabius Bile LE over my head like some crazy person or you just look out for the smallest female in the crowd. That'll probably be me. I'm always the smallest.
Wyrd bið ful aræd.

Dorian

Postby Lord of the Night » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:00 pm

Dorian wrote:I could either hold up your copy of Fabius Bile LE over my head like some crazy person or you just look out for the smallest female in the crowd. That'll probably be me. I'm always the smallest.

Hehe i'll keep my eye to the ground. :lol:

My plan for the day is arrive in the city around 9:45-10:00am, catch the tram asap and get there within a quarter of an hour. First stop is the store where i'll buy all the stuff I want, then i'll catch as much of the Coming Soon seminar as I can and if i'm lucky i'll try to get my Mark Clapham books signed. After that David Guymer and John French, then Aaron, Gav and Andy. Josh after that and the Q&A with David Annandale, then finally if I couldn't catch Mark in the morning i'll try again in the afternoon before going to Graham's Q&A (I must know what the status is of the SMB Battle for Macragge book.)

Closing ceremony, where we'll see what happens, and after that i'll have two hours to kill in a strange city.

LotN
Lord of the Night

Postby Dorian » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:55 pm

Lord of the Night wrote:Hehe i'll keep my eye to the ground. :lol:

My plan for the day is arrive in the city around 9:45-10:00am, catch the tram asap and get there within a quarter of an hour. First stop is the store where i'll buy all the stuff I want, then i'll catch as much of the Coming Soon seminar as I can and if i'm lucky i'll try to get my Mark Clapham books signed. After that David Guymer and John French, then Aaron, Gav and Andy. Josh after that and the Q&A with David Annandale, then finally if I couldn't catch Mark in the morning i'll try again in the afternoon before going to Graham's Q&A (I must know what the status is of the SMB Battle for Macragge book.)

Closing ceremony, where we'll see what happens, and after that i'll have two hours to kill in a strange city.

LotN

Good idea. :D

Wow, you really do have a plan. Apart from getting my books signed and buying books I have no plan whatsoever.

You can spend the 2 hours with us at Bugmans.
Wyrd bið ful aræd.

Dorian

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:35 am

Bugmans is only open to 6pm. But there'll be some lingering there no doubt. I think there are a bunch of us going for a meal afterwards arranged via facebook I think I invited everyone from here who I know to be attending BLL whose facebook identities are friends with mine that I know of but may still be time to get on that. (No use for you LotN I think the booking is post 7pm)
schaferwhat‽

Postby Xisor » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:16 am

schaferwhat‽ wrote:Bugmans is only open to 6pm. But there'll be some lingering there no doubt. I think there are a bunch of us going for a meal afterwards arranged via facebook I think I invited everyone from here who I know to be attending BLL whose facebook identities are friends with mine that I know of but may still be time to get on that. (No use for you LotN I think the booking is post 7pm)

Well, we'll be migrating into Nottingham in that hour, so at least headed in the same direction, so it may still work out neatly.

But yes, I'm expecting to be in town from late tomorrow evening - so deffo about all Friday too. :D
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Lord of the Night » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:29 am

Dorian wrote:You can spend the 2 hours with us at Bugmans.

Sounds good. :)

schaferwhat‽ wrote:Bugmans is only open to 6pm. But there'll be some lingering there no doubt. I think there are a bunch of us going for a meal afterwards arranged via facebook I think I invited everyone from here who I know to be attending BLL whose facebook identities are friends with mine that I know of but may still be time to get on that. (No use for you LotN I think the booking is post 7pm)

Ahh shame, will have to make it a point next time to go for the weekend rather than just the day.
Lord of the Night

Postby Major Rawne » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:34 pm

Like Xisor I too shall be around Nottingham from tomorrow. Hopefully just before rush hour kicks in all being well with the work and traffic. Might even sequester myself in the pub next to the hotel for the evening.

I have had vague musings to spend the Friday morning up at the castle as i've never been, but that is somewhat weather dependent. It may just end up being all day at WHW and see who turns up and when. Although there is a positive in that Bugmans is open till 10pm on Friday if i'm not mistaken.
Major Rawne

Postby Lupercalifragilistic » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:34 pm

Lord of the Night wrote: i'll catch as much of the Coming Soon seminar as I can and if i'm lucky i'll try to get my Mark Clapham books signed. After that David Guymer and John French, then Aaron, Gav and Andy. Josh after that and the Q&A with David Annandale, then finally if I couldn't catch Mark in the morning i'll try again in the afternoon before going to Graham's Q&A (I must know what the status is of the SMB Battle for Macragge book.)

My morning signing session is the same time as Aaron and Neil so I'm fairly sure I'll be the quickest signing queue. Do come and say hi, make my table look busy etc. :)
Lupercalifragilistic

Postby Athelassan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:54 pm

Have a good time, everyone! Disappointed I can't be there to see you all!

Ath
Athelassan

Postby Shaggy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:19 am

So is anyone going to be at WHW (probably in Bugmans) Friday evening? I'm contemplating popping down if so...
In defeat, malice.
In victory, revenge.

My lifeform type is tee tee hatch nex ool
Shall we do rishathra?
Shaggy

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events