Black Library Live 2016

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Re: Black Library Live 2016

Postby Xisor » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:21 pm

Two missing books, set within the Horus Heresy. They'll never be explicitly written. It'll ruin the mystery and their content coyld never be as good as we imagine it to be. Maybe two entire books composed only of "data redacted" and "expunged from databases". They'll keep appearing (albeit as "&#€£¥^" etc) on lists though.

Meta: They're there so you can write your own books to fill in. Let you add something of your own to the setting, a bit of free space sandpit if you will.

Bit like that wonderful Sisters of Silence audio they release a few years back. Very open to personal interpretation.

Both scheduled for release 04/2017.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Duke_Leto » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:33 pm

Xisor wrote:Two missing books, set within the Horus Heresy. They'll never be explicitly written. It'll ruin the mystery and their content coyld never be as good as we imagine it to be. Maybe two entire books composed only of "data redacted" and "expunged from databases". They'll keep appearing (albeit as "&#€£¥^" etc) on lists though.

Meta: They're there so you can write your own books to fill in. Let you add something of your own to the setting, a bit of free space sandpit if you will.

Bit like that wonderful Sisters of Silence audio they release a few years back. Very open to personal interpretation.

Both scheduled for release 04/2017.

Hilarious...

Hmmm two missing legion books!!!!
Duke_Leto

Postby Xisor » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:50 pm

They totally could. A big, good quality hardback notebook that looks like an unwritten HH book with a "mysterious primarch?" scene on the front of each. Give them suitable names.

But they're empty. Just very decent notebooks.

I'd buy that. Maybe two.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Shaggy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:33 am

Duke_Leto wrote:Books 43 and 46 were asked about, with Laurie unwilling to give any details – primarily it seemed because it hasn’t yet been decided which order in which they’re going to go.[/b]

What do people think 43 and 46 could be?

We know that Laurie has said there are ALSO three other books to be written BEFORE we reach the Siege of Terra. So what could they be?

Only two I can think of are Doom of the Deathguard and a book wrapping up the War on Mars.

There was some mention about a massacre at a system closer to Terra... Beta-something (sorry, can't remember the full name). An important choke-point on the route to Terra... complete meat-grinder. Maybe one of them has something to do with that?
In defeat, malice.
In victory, revenge.

My lifeform type is tee tee hatch nex ool
Shall we do rishathra?
Shaggy

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:35 am

Duke_Leto wrote:We know that Laurie has said there are ALSO three other books to be written BEFORE we reach the Siege of Terra. So what could they be?

He also said not all the books that have been written have been announced. I got the impression that the battle for the sector that was the gateway to the Segmentum Terra is in is a big deal in the Forge World narratives but maybe not so much a focal point for BL.
schaferwhat‽

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events