Top 5 BL Stories of 2015!

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Top 5 BL Stories of 2015!

Postby RuneGuard » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:25 pm

Hello

I thought that it might be a good idea to find out what everyone thought of BL's releases of last year and which ones really stood out for them. Yes it was a bit slow on the Horus Heresy side of things for some, and Warhammer finished mid way throughout the year but I still wonder which Stories really stood out for you.

I have stated stories because that way if someone found that a particular short novel (if that's what they are called?), novella, short story or Audio book stood out for them then they can feel free to add those as well.

I will kick start this with my top 5 -

Slayer by David Guymer
What a climatic conclusion to my favourite Warhammer series, David really captured everything that made the other novels great and gave it a good proper send off!

Archaon Everchosen of Chaos by Rob Sanders
The final half of Archaon's rise to power, everything I ever wanted twisted, dark and powerful Rob really captured Archaon well.

Ahriman Unchanged by John French
The final in a series of books that has kept me on the edge ever since its release a while back. I loved this so much that I read the whole thing in two sittings. Simply Brilliant.

Iron Clad by John French
This for me was the best Horus Heresy tale of 2015, not just because of the Alpha legion spies and assassins battling it out in the shadows but also because of a single Sons of Horus Astarte called 'Argonis' bloody loved him!

My final one was really tough but I decided on....

Sabbat Worlds by Various authors edited by Dan Abnett
This was a really good detailed look into the Sabbat Worlds crusade and Dan does a beautiful job of introducing each tale. I can honestly say that I loved ever single story within this collection, there's enough here to keep fans going until the next instalment.

Anyways that's my two cents what's everyone else's?
RuneGuard

Re: Top 5 BL Stories of 2015!

Postby Fenris » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:49 am

Mhh..I'll have to think about it

Surely i'll place the Beast arise books somewhere in the list,that i can say for sure
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events