Skip to content

Warmaster and Urdesh still coming

An area for the discussion of current or pending Black Library books, products and events.

Re: Warmaster and Urdesh still coming

Postby Duke_Leto » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:58 am

Finished Armour of Contempt last week and already into Only In Death.

It's weird as I really could not remember AoC. I definitely read it and sort of remembered the planetary assault. I also remembered McVenner but didn't remember Dalin or Caffran at all!? Was actually a very bleak story. Very grim dark actually.
Duke_Leto

Postby Major Rawne » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:04 pm

Duke_Leto wrote:Finished Armour of Contempt last week and already into Only In Death.

It's weird as I really could not remember AoC. I definitely read it and sort of remembered the planetary assault. I also remembered McVenner but didn't remember Dalin or Caffran at all!? Was actually a very bleak story. Very grim dark actually.

I too had forgotten what happened in Armour of Contempt. Now you've reminded me how heartbreaking it was :cry:.

Only in Death from what I remember made a nice change in style to what had come before, and was really bloody good.
Major Rawne

Postby Duke_Leto » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Only In Death finished and...awesome. Reading the books so close together is a great immersive experience. I have always stated that Traitor General was my favourite GG book but now OID is right up there. An amazing spooky ghost story (as in ghosts...nice intentional pun by Abnett).

A heart breaking story too, such loses and such an amazing blood thirst battle. One word... Agun Soric (oh that's two words lol). Oh and where the story took Gaunt (being careful due to spoilers).

About to start The Iron Star and then it is Titanicus (set in Sabbat Crusade and chronologically correct) before going back to GG and Blood Pact.
Duke_Leto

Postby Duke_Leto » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:59 am

Read Iron Star. Man that is one of the most heartbreaking GG stories ever! Very clever metaphorical piece by Abnett. I would go so far as to say the best short story he has ever written. Reading it right after Only In Death just added immense impact. Just love the reveal at the end about what the Iron Star actually is! Terrifying actually!

Today I start Titanicus. A break from the Ghosts but not a break from the Sabbat Worlds Crusade. Actually it works nice and logically with Only In Death set in 778 and Titanicus in 779 then Blood Pact in 780... Meaning that the Ghosts get a break from the front line just as I get a break from reading about them!
Duke_Leto

Postby MalkyDel » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Between Warmaster finally coming and your thread, I almost feel like going the length and rereading it all myself
MalkavianDelirium

<3 Fan of Erebus <3

The Hypnotic Man

Then one day at Istvaan III,
Horus came to say.
"Fulgrim with your clothes so bright,
won't you help me slay tonight?"
Then all the rebels loved him
And they shouted out with glee.
"Fulgrim the Traitor Primarch,
you'll go down in history!"
MalkyDel

Postby Duke_Leto » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:39 pm

MalkyDel wrote:Between Warmaster finally coming and your thread, I almost feel like going the length and rereading it all myself

Do it, seriously! It is like a box set binge. Reading them all in succession is proving totally immersive and highly enjoyable.

I also have a nice backlog pile of new releases to go back to after.
Duke_Leto

Postby Xisor » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:34 am

I started dipping into Ghostmaker the other week, I'd forgotten how much I enjoy these. Lots of new(er) stuff that I'm super keen to read, but I think Dan's writing is easy-going enough I might be able to race through them. That they're good is a nice little bonus! :lol:
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Black Library Products and Announcements